Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Quik for Windows no longer sees new media after Hero 8 firmware update

After updating my Hero 8 last night to firmware version HD8.01.01.60.00, Quik for Windows no longer sees any of my new videos created since the firmware update.

It can still see the older files from a day ago (or older). However, it can no longer see the new ones made since last night's FW update. Smiley Sad

Camera: Hero 8 black (HD8.01.01.60.00)

Computer: Microsoft Surface

Quik version 2.7.0.945

The software side of GoPro has been frustrating, to be honest.  The gauges don't work on the desktop, the android app is slow + crashes a lot, transferring files from camera to phone can only be done via wireless, transferring anything above 1080p is a pain, UX is terrible, etc.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik for Windows no longer sees new media after Hero 8 firmware update

Hi @quicksurf3665,

Can you please check all photos and videos on the app?

Sometimes they the time and date is incorrect and they are being routed on the middle part or bottom part of the imported files. 

-Jay

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Quik for Windows no longer sees new media after Hero 8 firmware update

I did and still couldn't find them. As soon as I connected using my phone, that's when the videos finally appeared, with the correct date too.

Btw, my phone cannot see any GPS data now ever since the update.

Another issue is that the camera's light doesn't turn off even after a full charge. After which, the GoPro itself won't turn on. You would have to take the battery out, wait 5 seconds, and put it back in just to be able to start the camera up.

This firmware upgrade has been a farce. No GPS, desktop app is crap, phone app no longer works right, and the camera itself is having hardware issues.

GoPro should have done extensive testing before even sending any firmware updates out. If they're not careful, upstarts like DJI and SJCam will catch up, like how Samsung and LG took out the marketshare from the likes of Sony.