Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Quik for Windows - can't do anything with it

[ New ]

First, the app starts every time, but when I try to edit any video (360 or full hd) the program basically freezes or does nothing. Most of the time it doesn't crash, I can browse the media and even open the videos in create mode, but nothing else. Even pressing play-button doesn nothing.

The facts:

- lenovo W530

- Intel i7 3840QM @2.8GHz - usage 0-5% when running Quik

- Nividia Quadro K2000M - or Intel HD Graphics 4000 -- have tried with both. Usage ~ 0% when running Quik

- Memory 32GB - usage 13% when running Quik -- most of the memory is used by Windows and backgroud processes

- plenty (+150gb) of free hard drive space in the system drive

- fresh installed Windows 10 pro, spend the whole Halloween re-installing the laptop, with no help

- all fresh and current drivers

For example VLC is able to play the footage, 2K, 4K and 360. I've tried the compatibility modes (windows vista sp2, 7 and 8). With no help. With GoPro Player I'm able to view other material, but not 360. It stutters real bad. With Quik it is not possible to even view the material.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Quik for Windows - can't do anything with it

[ New ]

Hi @hardyblaze6185 @ghermi

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Please note that Quik for desktop has not received any more updates.

You may explore other programs that can be used for the same purpose. Moreover, the GoPro App also supports importing, viewing, and editing GoPro media on a compatible mobile device

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

[ New ]

I have same issue. I contacted with gopro support but they could not fix the issue. GoPro software is very poor.

Tourist

[ New ]
I even tried with a newer Dell laptop, if the problem was too old processor, but no help. If the issue is with HEVC codec, the codec should be provided by GoPro. I have an iPad and at the moment I have to process the 360 videos with it, convert them to mp4, upload to my private cloud and after this I’m able to continue with PC.
Tourist

[ New ]
This is also bad business: because of the poor W10 software GoPro Plus account is useless. Only reason to have the subscription would be the quick transfer of 360 videos to W10 PC for editing. Now I don’t need that for working with iPad.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @hardyblaze6185 @ghermi

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Please note that Quik for desktop has not received any more updates.

You may explore other programs that can be used for the same purpose. Moreover, the GoPro App also supports importing, viewing, and editing GoPro media on a compatible mobile device

Thanks!

Ej