Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Quik for Macbook Crashes / Not Connecting via USB

[ New ]

I'm having 2 issues with a Hero9 and the Quik for Desktop Macbook app:

1 - repeatedly crashes once signed in, once reopened it needs to be Force Quit again to get away from the frozen 'Adding Media' page

2 - If not crashing, 'Import Files' prompt doesn't appear on the Hero9 when plugged in, won't let me upload via USB

Doesn't seem like I can get videos off the camera when plugged into my Macbook, which is frustrating as I don't often mess with the Cloud.

Cheers for the help. 

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Quik for Macbook Crashes / Not Connecting via USB

[ New ]
Can't figure out how to delete this thread, but just saw a fix in a newer thread; changing the USB Connection setting to MTP worked.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]
Can't figure out how to delete this thread, but just saw a fix in a newer thread; changing the USB Connection setting to MTP worked.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

same problem with my gopro Hero 7, when connected to my new macbook pro it says there is no data on the camera disc. Can't dowmload any media. having just finished a call from  gopro support , they are saying that gopro Quik is not compatable with Mac OS 10.15.4

It doesn't seem to work by using the Mac Finder either. 

I have a camers full of vodeo and stills and can't access the media ???

Any solutions welcome.

Cheers Iain

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @iainm43752

Please go over the steps on Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Mac

If it's still the same, try using an SD card adapter to access the files.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I found the fix for it by changing the USB setting in the Settings: MTP works absolutely fine to upload.

Quik, though, is still garbage and crashes all too many times and also won't let me share my media. Think I'll simply delete it and then just use the GoPro+ browser!