Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Quik for Mac OS M1

[ New ]

I have gopro 7 and gopro 9 and im looking for an app to my mac os M1 to connect the two cameras to my mac.

if there isnt an app like this, when will be such a thing?

GoPro

Re: Quik for Mac OS M1

[ New ]

Hi @shults46

See Programs to View and Edit Videos

You may also check other editing apps listed on this thread.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
Hey, thank u for replying to my question.
I’m using iMovie on my Mac, but I want to connect the GoPro and using stickers from the telemetry of the camera, like the Quik app on windows. I know that on older Mac OS it’s working (correct me if I’m wrong), so I want to know if there’s an other alternative to Quik app on Mac OS m1
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @shults46. Although the Quik for desktop app is no longer in development, you should still be able to use it to display GPS gauges for the footage from your HERO7 camera. The app may not completely work with the HERO9 Black footage though. There is no alternative to the app from GoPro at this time.

If you have a compatible mobile device, you may use the Quik app on mobile to display GPS performance stickers. There are instructions at GoPro Quik: How to View Stickers to guide you. 

Users recommend using these tools if the edit has to be done on a computer like your Mac. 

Sightseer

[ New ]
As I know, the Quik for desktop is not compatible with Mac OS m1, and even not exist on App Store on Mac OS
Sightseer

[ New ]

Abandoning Quik is a massive regression.  I just got an M1 and assumed that it would work, as GoPro software has been heading in a decent direction for the past few years.  I'm extremely disappointed as the camera -> GoPro+ cloud -> Quik on multiple computers workflow has been so good since it came out.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Can't you download the iOs version of Quik and run it on your Mac M1?
If yes tell if it's working and how fast it is. I might buy a Mac M1 just for that. 😎
Sightseer

[ New ]

I have currently the Gopro Quik app from my old Intel setup running on my M1 and I'm sad to say it's pretty slow...haven't found a way to access the iOS version yet.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Having tried this description as to how to install iOS apps that are not natively available on the app store: https://techwiser.com/run-ios-apps-mac/

...I can export an IPA package but get an error that the developer has not intended the app to run on this platform. Dead end, I think!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Come on GoPro please make the Quik app work on the M1 macs. I love the app only editing on my iPhone sucks!!!! If you guys just enable it to work on the mac I would be very thankfull. Also now that the M1 pro and max are launched its really a nobrainer. For me this would be a subscription USP.