Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Re: Quik for Desktop not opening on Windows 10

Since GoPro-owned Dashware:

1) Does not work with GoPro Hero 7 black files

2) Does not work with files when you import a perfectly good generic gpx file (extracted from the GoPro video or otherwise recorded)

This is not a helpful suggestion. What would be good is if GoPro's Quick team fixed the software (and made it work with HEVC files). It would also be good if GoPro's DashWare team fixed that program too.

Hiker

Apologies, it's the CSV exports that don't seem to work with dashware. Looks like GPXes are workable (if a bit unintuitive). Still, that's something.

Hiker

@gravyhole  entendi amigo. Obrigado pelas sugestões. Eu já tinha ouvido falar do dashware, mas ele não vai bem com hero7 black. O ideal era o quik for desktop funcionasse perfeitamente com vídeos HEVC. O que achei desanimador foi a Gopro informar que o problema poderia ser o computador. Porém meu computador (hard / soft) funciona 100% com vídeos HEVC.

Hiker

@aenriquez muito obrigado pelas informações. irei acessar e testar.

Tourist

My Gopro desktop app for Windows crashes repeatedly on startup. Sometimes I have to try like 10 times to get it to work. It just closes immediately. And if it does come up it forgets my login account! I don't want to have to keep entering this,

Also where can I get gopro studio? The desktop app doesn't provide any real editing!

GoPro

@agataw326, you may try the troubleshooting steps suggested in this article to see if that will help. In addition to this, ensure that your computer met the Minimum System Requirements of Quik for Desktop.

We no longer have any installer of GoPro Studio available on gopro.com. You may find more details about this here.

You can also check this list of editing applications that work well with GoPro files as shared by a Hub member. If you would like product or tutorial videos to better understand these other applications, I recommend searching online video hosting websites (such as Youtube, Vimeo, etc) for published videos or other 3rd party generated content. 

Tourist

Hi aenriquez

I don't know anything about computers. My boyfriend says the machine is a fast enough Core i3 with SSD. Anyway the problem is not editing since the desktop app doesn't do any editing. It's that the app crashes ten times before it starts. Then it works normally except for I have to log in every day.

I read these problems other people have too. I think the app needs to be fixed.

Thank you for the links to editing software. I think for people buying Black 7 you should include some decent editing software for the price. So far we are ok with the quality of the camera but the software and app requirements we consider annoying and bad.

GoPro

Hi @agataw326

Were you able to go over the steps on Quik for desktop Fails to Launch?

Also, as per the minimum system requirements, your CPU should at least be Intel Quad Core™ i7 or better.

Thanks!
Ej