Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: Quik for Desktop not opening on Windows 10

Guick does not work for me either... I have tried all things but it will not work

Tourist

Beşpara etmez bi uygulama son 1-2 yıldır denemediğim şey kamadı sunu düzeltin artık şunu 

Sightseer

My case was thhe non-english character in my username, i have an accent in one letter...

What worked for me was creating a local account which I named GoPro.

To open Quik in your main username hold Shift and right click over quik shortcut, there you can run as a different user.

Sightseer

To open Quik in your main username hold shift and right click over Quik´s shortcut, there you can run it as a different user, type username and password.
Tourist

Took me hours but finally got it to work. Quik failed on my main admin account. But as per suggestions in thread it worked on my 2nd newly created admin account. (Which meant it was defintely going to work on my configuration)

Step I did to get it to work, 

1.Unistall Quik via Add/Remove Programs

2.Navigate to below folders and delete GoPro Folder

• C:\Program Files\                                           --If a GoPro folder exists delete it
  • C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local           --If a GoPro folder exists delete it

3.Copy & paste the below into File Exploerer & Delete all the temporary files

• %temp%

4. Try Re-installing Quick (potentially may work) If not goto step 5

5. Open Regedit.exe

• Backup the registry via File>>Export  (just in case something goes wrong you can restore)
  • CTRL+F and type  "GoPro" >> Find Next
  • Delete Entry
  • Repeat Find & Delete for entire Registry

6. Re-Install Quik and it should now work.

*Potenitally assist with the above with some examples

https://windowsreport.com/remove-software-leftovers/#.XCjWYlwzaiO

Best of Luck 

RJ

*Honestly pretty sh*** on GoPro's part for selling a premium product with crap software