Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Quik for Desktop not opening on Windows 10

FC6652B5-9FB7-4F61-866A-D8226D28C6FA.png
Tourist

Thank you, finally a solution.. i agree after spending a small furtune, why should we pay even more money to make all the aspects work.

I will try the free trial of wondershare filmora. Waiting for a 'Quik' solution to the problem.

Sightseer

I tried this and it worked.  After plugging in my Hero 7 Black the app auto launched and kept crashing.  Clearing out the folders as instructed worked for me.

Tourist

[ Edited ]

@mariustanya wrote:

Hello Everyone, 

Thank you for the details that you provided. The issue should have been resolved with the latest version of Quik for desktop app. If anyone else is having trouble, see if the steps to fix discussed in detail through this article will help.  You may also try the workaround posted by @graywave21454 and @moshealex . Thank you for sharing. We will let the team in charge know why such is happening and will get back to you once we have new information. 

Let us know if you have other questions or concerns. 

Thanks, 
Marius

And when will be the new version released?

GoPro

Hi @bravecave64868

We do not have information regarding this but you may check this link for the updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Oh my god... Thank you so much...

GoPro is such **bleep** software... Evene tried to upload to cloud... but then I cant download all. Just one by one...

Finally it works!

Tourist

Quik app sucks, I can't edit/creat videos, everybody has this problem, when GoPro is planning to have this fixed?

Sightseer

Just wanted to add to my previous post.  My Quik desktop app crashed again this morning.  I tried deleting the two folders under C:\Users\<your user login>\AppData\Local:  the GoPro folder and Temp folder.  I was unable to delete the Temp folder, I was getting an error that some application was using files.  I made sure to disconnect my GoPro and restarted my PC.  Then I was able to delete that one folder.  Now Quik is working again.  Only downside is that by removing one of those folders (not sure which one) you lose some settings like the "Media", "Recent".  Not a big deal for me as long as the app works and I can get updates for my devices.  Hope this post relieves some of the headaches.