Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Quik for Desktop not opening on Windows 10

[ Edited ]

My fixing steps:1-launch task manager,2- click to launch quick,3-as soon as you will see your quick on the top of your task bar manager,click right moise point.Will open smal window and your program will launch. I don't know how,but this steps working for me. Let me know ,if it works for you. Regards,Alex.

Hiker

Thanks, I was having the same issue and your fix works..... :-) @GoPro > why is this happening? Will there be a fix with next update?
GoPro

Hello Everyone, 

Thank you for the details that you provided. The issue should have been resolved with the latest version of Quik for desktop app. If anyone else is having trouble, see if the steps to fix discussed in detail through this article will help.  You may also try the workaround posted by @graywave21454 and @moshealex . Thank you for sharing. We will let the team in charge know why such is happening and will get back to you once we have new information. 

Let us know if you have other questions or concerns. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

Unbelievable. I spent what £450 on a Hero 7 and bits.  The first one nearly caught fire with some battery problem (seriously).  Now with the replacement i can't - like many others - get Quick to even work with windows 10.  Incredibly crap product so far for me.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled 4 times, deleted al the stuff in appdata etc that people have suggested and still nothing.  Double click on the icon and it gives a loading indication then nothing. Pathetic to be honest. This product is not fit for release.

Why, should i have to spend hours of my precious life, making up for a defective product?

Why should i have to delete this or that?  What happened to a product that claims to be working err... working?  Completely stunned by gopro. I am going to share my experience so far and wide.. and really don't understand why all you people with this issue issue are so passive about it.  It should just work.. You don't buy a car to hear ‘oh sorry, if your using Shell petrol you need to tweak this and that and do this’.

I’m going to return it and get a full refund.

Quite frankly, shocking.  I wonder if anyone at gopro will actually do something about this, what a dreadful experience of gopro.  Never again..

GoPro

Hello @toughriver03645

Appreciate your feedback. I just connected a HERO7 Black camera to a Windows 10 computer with the latest Quik for desktop app and Quik detected the camera and recognized the photos and videos from it. If you have not done it yet, try manually updating the replacement camera that you received, take sample photos and videos, and try testing with Quik again. You can find manual update instructions below: 

1. Go to the Update page and choose your HERO7 camera.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system. 

Make sure that the camera is fully charged and that the SD card is formatted prior to the update process. Since formatting the card will erase all the contents in it, please save all photos and videos first before formatting the card. Let us know how it works out. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

No panic, Just try my way and read my post. Its working. 

Tourist

You are right, I also had very big problems with gopro software.
I did not pay a lot of money to have a product from the lowest shelf.
I will never buy a gopro again.
People with gopro help oiling customers

Tourist

You are right, I also had very big problems with gopro software.
I did not pay a lot of money to have a product from the lowest shelf.
I will never buy a gopro again.
People with gopro help oiling customers