Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Quik for Desktop not opening on Windows 10

@РустамТ487 - На какую продукцию вы смотрите? Если вы спрашиваете о рюкзаке Искателя, я каждый день кладу свой ноутбук. Мой ноутбук MacBook Pro и составляет 14 "x 10" (36 см х 25 см).

Which production are you looking at? If you're asking about the Seeker backpack, I put my laptop in mine every day. My laptop is a MacBook Pro and is 14" x 10" (36cm x 25cm).

Jeff

Sightseer

Hello!

Well I have find another reason why I doesn't work. (I had the same problem opening a game before) And that it because where it is located in the appdata folder, goes under my name/username. My name is Myrén and if you see that the e has é. it can't open so I made another user to my windows 10. And now it works perfectly. So try make another user if you have some strange letters in your user name.

Tourist

very helpful. Thanks very much.
I'm a korean speaking user, and I had the same problem. The only solution that I was finally able to start the quik app was changing the user name of windows from Korean to English.
I thought Gopro is very careless for non english spoken users. What a shame.!!!
GoPro

Hi @fastwave40314

I am sorry if you feel this way. We are working on the continuous improvement of our products and application. I'll have this sent to the team in charge.

Thanks!

EJ

Tourist

[ Edited ]

I had the same Rafał > Rafal, such a company as GoPro by issuing such a flawed program is NOOB score 1/10

Sightseer

Thanks, This worked for me

Tourist

I think You should really work better - gopro presents itself as one of the best outdoor cameras producer and if I want to use (or at this point just LAUNCH) the in-price-included software (yes, the references from my coleagues on this software was also one of argumetn why gopro - unfortunately they did not have problems with launching) I need to change account name on my computer to foreign language? Why do you dont sell it just in english speaking countries? And what about releasing update? I found on net that thist problem is more than 1 and half year old... WTF what big company would let it be as it is for such a long time?! (sorry for my English, although I am using gopro, I can not speak English very well...)

Sightseer

Hey!

I've found workaround for that and it works for me:

1. Uninstall you GoPro Quik software

2. Go to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local and remove GoPro folder from there. 

3. Restart your computer.

4. Install GoPro Quik again. 

Hope it'll fix this annoying issue for you!

Cheers,

Artur