Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Quik for Desktop for Mac lags during playback

I am trying to edit video in Quick for Mac. It lags during playback, at first I though it was becuase the video was taken at 4K, then I recorded at 1080P 60fps, then at 1080 30fps and is still doing the same thing. when I open the video in iMovie or Quicktime plays perfectly fine, which tells me that the issue is not my computer or the video itself but the software. On the Mac there is not the option to tell the software to run using the graphics card, so please do not reply to me with that solution unless there is another way to do that without right clicking the application icon.

Hope someone can help me out or update the software soon.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik for Desktop for Mac lags during playback

Hello @royalstoke1070

The issue is typically related to the processing speed and/or issues with the graphics and drivers on your computer. If the graphics card and drivers are already updated and you have the latest version of Quik for desktop installed, and the issue still persists,  the next step would be to engage our Support team. They can walk you through further troubleshooting steps and offer a more personalized support. You can connect with them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik for Desktop for Mac lags during playback

Hello @royalstoke1070

The issue is typically related to the processing speed and/or issues with the graphics and drivers on your computer. If the graphics card and drivers are already updated and you have the latest version of Quik for desktop installed, and the issue still persists,  the next step would be to engage our Support team. They can walk you through further troubleshooting steps and offer a more personalized support. You can connect with them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius