Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Quik for Desktop - Windows says "No Files To Import" when connected to GoPro Max camera

[ New ]

I have a bunch of 360 content on my GoPro Max camera, but I cannot find any way to automatically import it to my PC. The Quik app says "No Files To Import," but I can see that there is in fact content when I connect from the GoPro mobile app on my Android. After reading other support articles, I tried downloading the GoPro Player app, but it only has an "Open Media" button that opens File Explorer like the media I'm looking for has already been imported (unlike the Quik app, the GoPro Player app does not seem to recognize my Max xamera is connected via USB). The other support articles all point to the MAX Exporter app, but that appears to be deprecated and I cannot find an official download for it anywhere! I don't want to try to manually copy files from my SD card because I have ran into corrupted video issues with my Hero 4 Silver when I tried that in the past. Please fix this ASAP!!!! Otherwise this camera is basically a $500 paperweight since I specifically bought it for the 360 capability...

Sorry, I'm still furious so I want to add one last jab to this rant. Who the hell mispells quick as "Quik" for their app?!? Maybe the same incompetent person is in charge of the software development. That would really explain a lot now that I think about it...

20210402-Go_Pro_Max-Import_Via_Quik_Error.PNG
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik for Desktop - Windows says "No Files To Import" when connected to GoPro Max camera

[ New ]

@bens608, Quik for desktop app doesn't support the 360 or spherical media files of MAX. You can use the GoPro Player for MAX on your computer. For further details, see GoPro Player

Tourist

Re: Quik for Desktop - Windows says "No Files To Import" when connected to GoPro Max camer

[ New ]
GoPro Player says it needs me to pay Microsoft $0.99 for the HEVC codec, or use a code to redeem it for free. I see no mention of a redeemable code in GoPro's support documentation. Are you here to provide me with one? Because I refuse to go out of my way to pay a third party for coffee they should've legally acquired the license to distribute with their software in the third place...