Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Quik for Desktop-Mac GPS Overlay DOES NOT WORK

[ New ]

Seems that I am not the only one having this issue where Quik desktop says there's no GPS data on the camera. Yes the GPS icon was lit, I waited 5-10 minutes after establishing a connection, and I was snowboarding at a wide-open mountain at 11,000 feet, so there was no issue with connecting to GPS. I can even get the speed/elevation/G-force stickers to work on my phone app, and I am able to extract GPS data from third party websites, so it is definitely there. I was very much looking forward to this feature for my new GoPro 8, but it seems there is no support/promise when it comes to this issue. 

Is there a way to download an older version of Quik? Is there anyone working to fix the issue? 

GoPro

Re: Quik for Desktop-Mac GPS Overlay DOES NOT WORK

[ New ]

Hi @noahh63451

Sorry for any trouble caused.

This has been reported to the team and they are working on it.
In the mean time, you may use the GoPro app or Quik for mobile to overlay telemetry.
Other users also suggest RaceRender or Dashware.

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

No Quik version is compatible with the GPS data in the Hero 8 (or Max), although old versions (2.5.0 and 2.6.0) work better than the current one in terms of telemetry synchronization (with the cameras they do support). You can use alternative software to create your gauges or convert yout Hero8 files to the old GPS data format to make them compatible with Quik with the GPS Quik Fix app. Here are some ideas of programs that might cover your needs: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Telemetry-GPS-overlays/GoPro-Telemetry-Resources-software/gpm-p...

Sightseer

[ New ]

effectivement cela ne fonctionne pas et depuis tres longtemps. Le support nous sort pas mal de MAJ pour les appli sauf pour ça !! 

En attendant, si cela arrive un jour, tu peux downgrader ta camera en V1.2, tu perdras par contre l'hypersmooth 2.0

un exemple de tuto sur youtube. 

https://youtu.be/--7pe3l7MPU

Currently now the latest firmware version for GoPro Hero 8 is 1.50 (Dec 2019). But, i have problem with this version. It made me unable to use telemetry data...