Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Quik fails to recognize some videos

[ New ]

So I got a GoPro hero 7 black and made a whole bunch of movies with it that for whatever reason my stellar laptop (quad core i7 4.0Ghz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce 980M, 2 SSDs) cannot play properly in win media player and VLC. So I figured I load them in Quik and play them there.

The problem I am facing is that I have 9 videos and Quik only shows 7. Yes all files are on my SSD. Yes I added the folder and yes the missing 2 files are not corrupted as I can play them properly in other apps like shotcut or win media player (with a huge lag, just like all the videos that DO show up in Quik (they all lag)).

Any ideas? People facing the same?

Perhaps another way to help me: How can I play GoPro videos properly on the decent hardware I have?

Sightseer

Re: Quik fails to recognize some videos

[ New ]

So maybe we should focus more on getting stuff to play back well. Also in Quik the videos just lag tremendously. How can I fix this? Surely my hardware is capable of playing this stuff,,,

GoPro Community Manager

Re: Quik fails to recognize some videos

[ New ]

Playback issues typically are linked to the system being used. If you can try playing back on another system, that would be a good way to confirm if the system is driving the issues.