Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Quik download page say it's deprecated because GoPro is "moving on". TO WHAT?

See subject. I had to search to even find that page.

Where is the replacement for GoPro Quik for Desktop? Is my <1 yr old Hero7 Black about to become a virtual brick because there is no software to manage the device and do imports to a capable environment? (I.e, for working with multiple GB 4k video files this is NOT a smartphone.) Is there a web page somewhere that Google didn't find that explains what's going on here?

I agree that maybe Quick for Windows 2.7 was due a replacement. But "nothing" is not a replacement.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik download page say it's deprecated because GoPro is "moving on". TO WHAT?

Hello, @nimblelift82We have built and are continuing to develop a new modern desktop solution. We will post about as we get new information. In the meantime, you may use other programs to view and edit your footage. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Quik download page say it's deprecated because GoPro is "moving on". TO WHAT?

Thanks for the info. It seems odd that you'd pitch the existing solution with no new solution on offer just yet, only promises. My prime use for Quik is capture; the other solutions don't do that.

Highlighted
Sightseer

that use something else answer was crap, use this link. https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-legacy-software/ta-p/595533

Highlighted
Tourist

I already do. I was looking to see if there was a newer version--Quik can be a little unstable from time to time--and found that there was a nothing.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi,

Again such a vague answer from GoPro...

I'm a Quik user and also have installed Studio for my video editing, no need for other software with more bells and whistles I don't use.

Coming from Hero4, 5, 6 and currently 7 and appreciate the one-vendor (hardware/software) package-deal.

What I find really annoying is this non-saying post where some 'bright-new-shiny' is coming but on the other hand already deprecating what was good enough for a lot of your users.

Please be straight and forward with your customers and tell us you will be stepping out ot the software business, instead of these empty promises.

Sorry, if it is coming on to harsh or frustrated. And more than happy to elaborate more if necessary.

Cheers.

Highlighted
Tourist

This is a hideous answer as those other pieces of software don't let you use the gauges or other data which is in the GoPro 8.

GoPro don't even support the Hero8 with Quik, absolutely sham.

Highlighted
Nomad

Tick Tock @mariustanya  It's Memorial Day weekend and there's good weather promised AND states are opening back up again.  Can you tell the decision makers that this is the prime time for GoPro to release it's new software so people can start posting shots and video created with it?  Don't miss the boat on this one!