Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Quik can't not import the file from Gopro Hero6 ( High Sierra i-mac )

I'm using I-mac , High-sierra OS

I connect usb cable to my gopro6

and launch the quik.

I click the import button but there is nothing happend.

I tried 3 different  usb cable and slot but the result is same.

from gopro to phone file transfer works well.

please tell me how to solve this porblem.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Quik can't not import the file from Gopro Hero6 ( High Sierra i-mac )

Hi @yanghoc7531,

I am sorry to hear you are running into some issues getting that media imported. Give the steps in this article a try!

https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/Camera-is-not-recognized-on-GoPro-App-for-...

If you were able to get that squared away let us know!

Cheers,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @yanghoc7531,

I am sorry to hear you are running into some issues getting that media imported. Give the steps in this article a try!

https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/Camera-is-not-recognized-on-GoPro-App-for-...

If you were able to get that squared away let us know!

Cheers,

Ryan

Tourist

I have the same problem with my HP Spectre running Windows 10 Software. It worked initially on my first import, but afterI have taken new photos and videos whever I connect my hero 6 black camera and run Quik apps it says "cannot find new thing to import". I tried to run Windows 10 "Photos" app and got the same thing. I reinstalled quik software, reboot camera, reboot computer still no joy, Please help, getting frustrated.

Tourist

Same problem here running Windows 10.

Any updates @virgiliom1 ?

Tourist

The easy solution was to buy a microSD to USB adaptor to directly connect GoPro microSD card to computer. Windows 10 has no problem accessing files from USB input.
Tourist

@virgiliom1 Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'll do just that but it kind of still nags at you when you just bought a product top of the line and it can't handle importing files from a microSD card to a PC properly, right?

Well, thanks again.

GoPro

Hey everyone,

I just updated my H6 Black to version 2.01 which was released today. After the update, I was able to import videos into Quik for desktop via USB connection with no problem. Go to https://gopro.com/update to update your camera and you should find this issue resolved.

~ Mowens

Tourist

I just purchased GoPro Hero 6 and today when I plugged it into the computer (Mac High Sierra) the Quic app downloaded a newer version, GoPro Quick, I then tried to transfer files and it keeps telling me to "MAKE.MORE.SPACE" and doesn't transfer... so:

1) I have a 64Gb card in the GoPro

2) I am told by GoPro Quic that the card is 65% full, so 42.25Gb of video (data)

3) I have 110 Gb of space on my Mac

I wonder why I am told to "MAKE.MORE.SPACE" when I have enough space? Get the feeling this could be to try and trick me into a 'Cloud' purchase?

If I select the option to update the Firmware from the "Update Available" link in Quic and a notes window pops up, above it there is some text, on the second line it says: Release invalid date, if I click the 'Terms of Use" checkbox the "Update" button activates, I press the button and am told: "Something went wrong, contact ......"!

Just about to contact Support but thought I would make it known as it is relative to your comment to update the Firmware!

Really am going off my GoPro very quickly!