Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Quik can�t load the gps data from Hero 7

the gps on my Hero 7 is "on", but when i load video in quik, it show "No GPS data"

GoPro

Re: Quik can�t load the gps data from Hero 7

Hi @cooldusk27057

To isolate the issue, kindly test if the GPS information is available when using the GoPro app for mobile.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

I have the same exact issue. GPS is on. The gauges are showing perfectly on iPhone 8. Uploaded everything to Quik on Mac, it says no GPS data for every video.

As suggested, I updated to the latest version of Quik, which downloaded Version 2.7.0.874. Still nothing.

I tried reinstalling again, rebooting, and nothing. Suggestions?

GoPro

Hi @alexswimsfast,

Those files, are they straight from camera?

Please try to import them using SD card instead.

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

Yep, straight from the SD. Tried internal port and card reader just now.

Using a MacBook Air (2014), 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7.

All footage was shot in 2.7K at 60 FPS. I never have trouble making edits on my mac, but this is my first try using the gauges.

GoPro

Thank you for the details you provided, @alexswimsfast and @cooldusk27057 .  We have reported this matter to the tea. We will keep you posted once we receive new information. 

Sightseer

Ok, thanks

Tourist

I used the (lame & slow) workaround by adding the gauges on the mobile GoPro app, creating clips, and exporting to my Mac via Airdrop. Although this worked without issues, It's pretty disappointing that Quik for Desktop/Mac doesn't recognize or display GPS data at all considering the app is running the latest version. It definitely kills the workflow.  

If I were to guess, Quik probably doesn't offer those range of features for Hero 7 Black yet, or it just has bugs which need to be addressed. It becomes an even worse problem when you have the setting to "erase content from the SD card once files are imported," therefore losing all capability to add gauges on the iPhone app AND the desktop/mac app at the same time. I would think that issues such as these would have been resolved by now considering the HERO 7 has been out since early October. 

On the other hand, a new update has just been pushed via the iPhone GoPro app for the HERO 7, which cites "general bug fixes." If this update resolves the issue, I will post an update