Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Quik can�t load the gps data from Hero 7

Also having this problem.  I have one small twist.  I moved the files from the camera to the computer when I downloaded them, so they were deleted from the camera.  When I realized that things weren't working right, I copied one of the downloaded videos back to the camera to try the mobile app.  I found that the GPS stickers still worked using the mobile app even after the video had been deleted from the camera and copied back to the camera.  I'm not sure if this means anything or not.

I have also tried using Dashware to download and put stickers on the video.  Dashware does not recognize any GPS data and all gauges just  stay at zero.

Highlighted
Tourist

Also tried Garmin's Virb program.  It says no GPS data available.  This is using the file that I copied to the computer and then back to the camera.  It seems that the GPS data is not making it from the camera to the computer using the desktop, but the mobile is able to access it for some reason.

Highlighted
Tourist

More research done.  I was able to get telemetry to work using Dashware.  I had to copy a Hero7BlackGPMF.xml file to the "C:\Program Files\DashWare\DataTool\DataProfiles" folder.  All the info I found on Google told me to copy it from the "C:\Program Files\GoPro\GoPro Desktop App\telemetrydata\DataProfiles" folder.  The problem is that the DataProfiles folder in the GoPro installation is empty.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Quik software and it did not change anything.  The folder is still empty.  Also, copying the downloaded Hero7BlackGPMF.xml file to "C:\Program Files\GoPro\GoPro Desktop App\telemetrydata\DataProfiles" did not solve the problem in Quik.  I ended up downloading the xml file from another post in this forum.

Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same problem, wel gauges on my ipad but not on my quick desktop imac.. grrrr.

I am from the netherlands. Please come with a update gopro!!

Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same issue! How come this has not been resolved yet?

Also just a thought....

What happens if you add gauges to the video on the iPhone and then import the viedos into Mac? Would that work?

Highlighted
Tourist

The problem is over.

I have the desktop app again reloaded and installed with the new update (gopro site app for desktop) and it works again.

I can see all my gauges on it.

Sorry for my englisch.

Highlighted
Tourist

I still have a problem. I'm on a Mac. And I imported the video before upgrading the Desktop App.

Is that the issue?

Highlighted
Tourist

No, the program hasn't been updated.  I still have the same problem.