Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: Quik can�t load the gps data from Hero 7

FYI - I am having the same issue (Quik not recognizing GPS). I recently received a new go pro hero 7 black after some issues with the first one I purchased (btw, the desktop computer did not have an issue with GPS on it), and I receive the same message regarding no gps data.  I thought maybe I had not turned it on, but I confirmed it is (and was) on. I am using Windows 10. I honestly did not try the gauges on the app first before downloading the files to the computer (which they've now been deleted off the card).  I am curious as to the update/fix.

GoPro

Thank you for the details that you shared, @brendad82@stoutpike374 , and @sunnyhero21776 . We have not heard back from the team regarding an update or a fix. We will keep this thread posted once we have new information. 

Sightseer

Hi, I will add myself to the thread.

GoPro Hero 7 Black is brand new (two days old) and firmware updated.

Mobile is Android 8 with GoPro app version 5.1.1

PC is Windows 10 with GoPro Quik 2.7.0.945  (just updated from an older version)

on the mobile app, I can add the stickers/gauges
on the windows PC, it says "No GPS Data"

hope that this helps.  I am very much looking forward to an update since editing on my phone is not a real option for me!

Have a great day, Ron

Sightseer

PS... I am willing to help troubleshoot, grab logs, etc.... Just let me know if you want anything.
GoPro

This is noted, @rokinron. Thank you for the details you shared. We have added them to the report we submitted to the team. 

Sightseer

Hello, I thought that I should jump in and mention that I'm having the same problem with my Hero5 Black. When I use the mobile app for iPhone 7 the GPS data works perfectly. I then imported the videos to quik for desktop (windows 10) using the automatic import and delete feature. After importing the GPS data was not available on my desktop app.

Tourist

Hero 7 Black... all up to date with latest firmware/software

iphone 8 plus... all up to date with latest firmware/software

GoPro app... all up to date with latest firmware/software

Mac Mojave (10.14.3)

GoPro Quik (2.7.0.874)

GPS data works fine on the phone using the app, but not on my Mac

On the Mac, I keep getting a message... 'Gauges are only available for videos captured with the Karma drone, or Hero 5 and newer cameras with GPS turned on'

Not really good enough GoPro. This is as bad as having to buy an expensive bulky dongle to use eternal mic! Smiley Sad

Tourist

Yep. I was one of the original posters on this thread. This absolutely blows, especially for high-end editors. I feel like with the resources GoPro has, they should've been able to figure out this crap by now. If they don't have the staff on hand to figure it out, outsource the stupid issue to a software company that's more competent. As a consumer, it's frustrating that GoPro advertises it's capability but has failed to deliver on that feature for months now. This is now a widespread bug among Hero 7 users, this should be at the top of their priority list.