Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Quik can�t load the gps data from Hero 7

Yep, I FINALLY got it working today with my Hero 7 black. You HAVE to use GoPro Quik, GoPro Studio is clueless about GPS data. I'm glad this problem is finally behind me. It's been bedeviling me for months! 

Tourist

I can confirm the same... I purchased a 7 and was able to add the speed... it didn't work using the one touch button .. but turning it on first and then starting the recording it did... (my 6 works with the one touch button)

Tourist

I've noticed the same.  Vids that started recording after the GoPro was already on tend to have their GPS data available in Quik, whereas those that were shot using QuickCapture are missing it.

There must be a delay until the GPS signal is properly captured by the GoPro, and it seems like if the signal isn't available right at the moment when the recording begins, then too bad so sad for that one vid.

I've done a firmware update on the camera to see if this problem has remained on the latest firmware.  Will test and re-post.

Tourist

I can confirm today that you are correct. turning it on first them pressing record get me GPS data. just pressing record starts recording without GPS data....  

I hope they can correct this so the 7 works the sames as the 6 and the 5. 

Sightseer

i have the same issue. GPS on. the gauges showing perfectly on my mobile. but, when i upload to Quik PC its says no GPS data.

even already with updated applications.

Nomad

Correct. Updating the apps will not fix the issue for now. There are three proposed solutions:
- Wait until GoPro releases new software.
- Downgrade the camera to old firmware and do the xml config hack to Quik: https://youtu.be/VESFQYzbYo4
- Make your videos compatible with the GPS Quick Fix app: https://youtu.be/nY4LfVFViT0
Sightseer

Still an issue for me on Go Pro 8 whether or not i do the quick capture option. I'd expect this from a cheap knockoff from Amazon, not from GoPro itself! 

GoPro

@stouthero34342, sorry to hear about the trouble. Currently, Quik for desktop doesn’t support camera firmware updates or telemetry gauges for your HERO8 Black camera. We are focusing on adding this functionality to our latest GoPro Desktop application in the near future, but in the meantime, the GoPro App on iOS and Android can both update your camera and also add telemetry gauges as well.