Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Quik can�t load the gps data from Hero 7

If you just make sure that the GPS is locked in the camera before starting a clip, check that the GPS icon is solid white, then the desktop apps will work with gauges, both the Mac OSx and Windows 10 apps work.

I verified this just this weekend, when I shot several clips, all works flawlessly with both desktop apps.

I assume the desktop apps won't show the gauges feature unless there is GPS data in the stream right from the start.

I had the same problem when I started using the camera, but when I realized that the GPS must be locked before starting it has worked without problems since.

Tourist

[ Edited ]

All VDO from GoPro 7 black will included GPS data already because I have checked by verify software but the problem is Quik software not the camera. I guess the programmer worked on IOS mobile phone which it is different problems so they don't know how to solve it on other platform such as Win10 or Andriod (I have no Iphone in my hand).

Please solve it man!

Tourist

Like we all said, GoPro cares more about the hype of their next camera rather than supporting the ones they already released. And truth be told, they just released their Hero 8. No surprise there.

If you're still upset and you want a camera from a company that delivers on all their promises, I would rethink going with GoPro. Their support is truly awful and their previous suggestions were both useless and insulting, saying that it's more of a user problem than a product problem.

There's clearly an issue with the camera communicating with PC/Mac Quik, but they would rather turn their cheek than address the problem and fix it, and instead have suggested using 3rd party software to get their dashware working? Seriously unprofessional and flat out laughable.

#DoneWithGoPro

Tourist

I have said it many times before, you neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to switch the camera on AND wait for the GPS icon to be lit before you start recording. Using the quick record feature is NOT going to work.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opuwyO-ToLs and read all the comments. The video is missing the VITAL information that you MUST wait for the GPS icon to be lit before starting to record.

I had this problem as a new GoPro owner but once I figured this out, I have had no more issues with missing GPS data.

If you have enabled gps on your GoPro but still cannot enable telemetrics in Quick then you need to watch this video!
Tourist

I'll try again, as I just used my H7 at the beach about 2 weeks ago. The thing is, I ALWAYS wait until the GPS is locked. I know the video has GPS data because the Quik mobile app works PERFECTLY and has all the GPS data, yet the Mac & PC Quik does not. Why is that?

Tourist

Dear Friend, 

That's first thing that I have done before I posted here. I cannot help.  I always open it before I close and I see signal and I never close it forever

I'm not lucky I have not Apple product in my hand.

All quik are not work at my side. If you show how you work with another vdo. I wll appreciate.

Best Regards,

Grisree

Tourist

Are you sure you waited for the GPS icon to turn white, not just grey?

Tourist

Yes I'm sure. It's easy. I go to dashware all it come as completed but I have to load Hero7SilverGPMF.xml for template files for reference.

Actually I tried many time it's not make long time for GPS icon it is easy and locked strong it's good camera.

Can you kindly show this folder to me in quick desktop? 

(Version 2.7 or later)

C:\Program Files\GoPro\GoPro Desktop App\telemetrydata\  

If you can use this folder is not empty but it's empty for me even I have installed many times.

Please show me this file in folders "telemetrydata"  and give me zip files for all template of this folder.   However if it is work fine, you will help all users in the world.

Appreciate friend.

Regards,

Grisree