Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Quik can�t load the gps data from Hero 7

Hi @aragon1006 ,

Any updates on this? Just got gifted a gopro hero 7 black and can't use gps information... 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi, i have the same problem, iphone X create the video with the complete data, sometimes with a delay...

Mac OS absolutely does not see any data...  But GPS work perfectly, race render 3 see all!!

In my opinion this is a bad app with a low level support... this tread is a clear example 8 months for a problem!!!!!

Highlighted
Sightseer

I just got a GoPro Hero 7 Black and Quik doesn't recognise the GPS in the video, have to use DashWare instead.

And don't even get me started on how Quik doesn't allow you to upload specific files and forces you to upload the full SD card at once, I am extremely dissapointed with GoPro's support software its bad enough to make me sell the camera and buy a competitors.

Highlighted
GoPro

@nimblesurf1583, this issue has already been shared with the team in charge. We’ll do our best to keep everyone posted as soon as we have any further updates. In the meantime, you may use Quik for Mobile or should you need to use a desktop app, many users suggest Racerender or Dashware. 

Highlighted
Tourist

GOPRO IS DEAD!!!! THE ONLY LEGACY IS GONNA BE THE MOUNT SYSTEM!!!

NOT ANY GOOD IMPROVEMENTS ON THE CAMERAS, THE SOFTWARE/APPS ARE THE WORST AND THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT Smiley Frustrated

When a company cant solves a TRIVIAL problem on its product and keeps LYING to their customers saying they are working on it (which CLEARLY they ARENT!!!), and on top of that they basically HAVE to say: "Hey use... this another software bc ours sux and we are not gonna fix it!!!"... then you know a company is DEAD!!!! OH... and the stocks... worth nothing!!!

There are SO MANY better action cameras than GoPro... I was a big fan until Hero 3... after that, with so many competitors, they just went downhill with crap products and apps.

Highlighted
Nomad

For those of you that can use After Effects and are looking for an alternative to display telemetry, I just published a template with customizable gauges.

For now, these include:

- Speedometer

- GPS path

- Altitude & total distance

- Total G Force

- Total rotation

I plan on adding more (accelerometer by components, ISO, shutter speed). So I'm open to suggestions.

You can get the speedometer here to see if the template style works for you: 

https://prototyping.barcelona/AESpeedometer.zip

You have to extract the telemetry first with the GoPro Telemetry Extractor.

And the full project with all the gauges is available here at the bottom: https://prototyping.barcelona/gopro-telemetry-extractor-premium/

Hope you guys like this, happy to answer any questions.

Highlighted
Tourist

Just received a Hero7B. No GPS data on desktop Quik app. Came online to find that I am not alone. Also found that I am out several hundred dollars for this feature not to work. Maybe I should have waited until the 8 was released..

Highlighted
Nomad

Well, if the problem is in the Quick software, upgrading to the Hero8 won't help. Unless they release a new version of Quick then (which should be compatible with older hardware).

If you guys want to discuss software alternatives, you can join us in the Metadata group: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Metadata-Visualization/gp-p/Hero5MetadataVisualisation