Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Quik can�t load the gps data from Hero 7

Same here.. I have a 5 and 6 and two 7s and the 5 and 6 had the data after the imports as normal but both 7s had nothing. I completed the imports from mobile device and from PC . The 6 worked as always but the 7s didn't and all that footage is great but useless without the speed as that is the only reason I am using the GoPros. ....  ( All devices where turned on at the same time a and complete the same track.). I have returned the 7s and have found people are saying online that they are having problems with the 8s and GPS also...

GoPro

Hi @intense76

This has been reported to the team and they are working on it.
In the mean time, you may use the GoPro app or Quik for mobile to overlay telemetry.
Other users also suggest RaceRender or Dashware.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

You're kidding, right!?  We've been told that before.  How long does it take to fix a simple software bug that affects one of the core features of this camera.  It shouldn't take a year.  Nobody here believes you.

Tourist

Hi Ej 

I was not able to add the telemetry on my ipad or iphone after downloading it from the 7s. The footage taken on the 6 worked as always but was on the other bike. Both 7s where fully updated before recording. (I only tried the desktop app after I was not able to add the gps information from my tablet.)

Question. Are you saying that if I repurchased a few GoPro 7 Blacks today that I can for sure add the GPS information? 

(If that is the case I will purchase again today.)

Thank you

PC

Tourist

I wish I was kidding. I was going to buy a 8 and test it but I have just worked out that it will not fit in my karma. Love the device but it sux when you have to fall back to the 6 Black becasue the 7 don't work. My 5 worked perfectly also until the mount broke and I past it on the track on the next lap. giggle. ( i will purchase a 7 again this week and update here. )

Tourist

Hi All, same issues here.

Interesting: in 1 of my vids, I added the GPS data, everything remained static UNTIL a crash.  Must have shaken the camera enough to "wake it up" and then all of a sudden the speed and g-meter started actually showing readings instead of zeroes, or a static compass.

It was a very slow recording (fatbiking on fresh powder snow with max 10mph speeds).

Power-saving feature maybe?  Awakened by movement?  Perhaps cause the GoPro didn't think it was moving, it's like the sensors were asleep till the crash.

Hiker

Maybe you can try this.
I already try and it work.
https://youtu.be/VESFQYzbYo4
Nomad

Coincidentally, I've been working on a Windows and OSX tool that modifies the video files to force Quik to display the gauges / stickers.

As long as there is some GPS data, the performance stickers will be visible (that does not mean they will be correct, necessarily). It also enables the gauges in the new cameras, Hero 8 and Max.

Hope this is useful. It's available here: https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/#fix