Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Quik can�t load the gps data from Hero 7

I’ve been traveling through Europe for two weeks, filming here and there, and I’ve actually had the Mac OS X app work occasionally. It seems it is very picky about the files and I’ve had success with the gauges if I power on the camera and wait 30 seconds or so before starting to film.
If I use quick start, where I just press the trigger when the camera is off, it doesn’t seem to get any gps data and gauges doesn’t work with the iPhone app either.
I need to do some more testing before I declare success.
Highlighted
Tourist

Did some short tests today, and I made sure that the GPS was locked on. Gauges then works in the iPhone app, but not the OSx app. It appears that the desktop app is picker about the files than the phone app.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have just had this issue trying to add stickers on the desktop version of Quik, with no luck. It did work in the app on ios, as others have suggested. 

Will trim the clips on the desktop app, then transfer back to the phone to add stickers adn see if i have any luck. 

Trimming big files on the phone is an absolute pain. 

Really disappointing that this hasnt been fixed have been raving about my upgrade to the 7, but has been a bit glitchy from the start, and this is topping it off. Fingers crossed for a fix soon.

Highlighted
Hiker

When will the application be corrected?
Highlighted
Nomad

For those wanting to know wether your video file contains GPS data or not, you can quickly find out (and view your GPS track + sensor data) with this online tool

https://tailorandwayne.com/gopro-telemetry-extractor/

Highlighted
Tourist

@roberta1477 wrote:
When will the application be corrected?

Never. The application will never be corrected. There is no money in fixing this app, so GoPro has moved on to the next piece of buggy harware to sell. It should be pretty obvious by now that exactly ZERO work is being done on the app.

Highlighted
Tourist

Never!

Highlighted
Hiker

@sunnyhero21776 You're right. If they did not do anything for six months, then there is no hope :(