Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Quik can�t load the gps data from Hero 7

As of 4/13/19, this is still an issue. I have, very rarely, had some videos work on desktop, but most do not. This needs to be figured out. There might as well not be a GPS feature if it won't work reliably, and the only reason I upgraded cameras was for the GPS feature. Had I kept my hero 4 at least I wouldn't be dealing with GoPro's huge mic adapter.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi there,

Just wanted to share that I am exactly in the same situation, GoPro Hero 7 Black, GPS data available on Quik for mobile but not in Quik Desktop (W10). None of the previous solutions mentioned worked.

Also had problems with Quik desktop starting on my Windows 10. I had to create another amdin user to get it solved.

That's a pain, honestly.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I'd just like to add, for a world class camera, your support and updates are entry level at best. 

This GPS logging / loading issue should be a priority and the community deserves some feedback to what is causing this issue.

I bought this camera with the intention of using the GPS feature often and am immensly dissapointed with this support hub / the technical glitch.

Hope to have an update from Go Pro soon.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi, exactly same problem with my new Hero 7 black. That's ashamed ! Please Gopro do something quick, we paid expansive price for this !

Bonjour, exactement le même problème avec ma nouvelle Hero 7 Black. C'est honteux ! SVP Gopro faites rapidement quelque chose, nous avons payé cher pour cela !

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm very disappointed and frustrated with the lack of GPS. I bought HERO7 specifically for the GPS that I can use in my airplane and now I cannot.  I'm considering returning and purchasing Garmin Virb Ultra 30, which I hear has excellent and WORKING GPS.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @sweetstar26343,

Sorry to hear about the trouble and any inconvenience caused. Rest assured, we'll keep everyone posted with any information we get as soon as available. In the meantime, you may use Quik for Mobile or should you need to use a desktop app, many users suggest Racerender or Dashware.

Kind Regards,

Ann

Highlighted
Tourist

Ann,

I understand that GoPro is working on the issue, however, this has been going on for months and we are yet to see a fix.  I am a dev lead who is very familiar with prod-dev lifecycle and as such would never have missed nor allow a release to continue with a broken major functionality.

This is unacceptable, period.

P.S The size of video files produced is way too large. I understand that this is because of the high bitrate. If I may suggest, I’d add an option to use a lower rate in order to reduce the file size.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

@aenriquez .. "oh.... we dont have the fix but use this another editor..." I mean... REALLY?!?!

This issue has been there for MONTHS AND MONTHS.... this is completely UNACCEPTABLE for a company like GoPro and for a product with that price range!! It's just RIDICULOUS!!

No wonder why GoPro stocks are worth NOTHING and the company is dying!!!!!