Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Quik authentication issues

[ New ]

Hello,

Since two days (31st of July 2020) i am not able to login into the GoPro Quik app on Windows10.

Windows update says that everything is up to date.

The Quik app is starting slowly and stops at the point of Authentication

AuthError

I already reset my password.

Thank you for your assistance.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Quik authentication issues

[ New ]

Hello, @quickstoke0374. If you have been able to successfully login to Quik prior to July 31st, have a go at the troubleshooting steps below: 

1. While the "Authenticating" message is appearing, wait 15 seconds, then close Quik for desktop.
  2. Turn off your Wi-fi connection, then re-enable.(Connect your computer via Ethernet cable rather than Wi-fi if possible)
  3. Now reopen Quik for desktop and see if you can log in. On some occasions, the program will open immediately.

One of the main things to keep in mind here is the internet connection. If the connection is unstable or really slow, this can cause the Authenticating message to hang when logging in. Open a web browser, access any random website, and see how fast it loads. If the page is loading slowly or not at all, then it's clear that the issue is related to your network. If you still cannot log in, then follow the OS-specific steps below.

Make sure that there is a solid internet connection, then attempt to reset Quik for desktop (v.2.6.2 or later) by following the below steps:

1. ​Open Quik for desktop
  2. While on the login screen, select the "Help" tab above the Quik for desktop window
  3. Select "Restart with default settings"
  4. A modal will appear saying "Are you sure?". Click "Restart" once more.
  5. Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
  6. Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @quickstoke0374. If you have been able to successfully login to Quik prior to July 31st, have a go at the troubleshooting steps below: 

1. While the "Authenticating" message is appearing, wait 15 seconds, then close Quik for desktop.
  2. Turn off your Wi-fi connection, then re-enable.(Connect your computer via Ethernet cable rather than Wi-fi if possible)
  3. Now reopen Quik for desktop and see if you can log in. On some occasions, the program will open immediately.

One of the main things to keep in mind here is the internet connection. If the connection is unstable or really slow, this can cause the Authenticating message to hang when logging in. Open a web browser, access any random website, and see how fast it loads. If the page is loading slowly or not at all, then it's clear that the issue is related to your network. If you still cannot log in, then follow the OS-specific steps below.

Make sure that there is a solid internet connection, then attempt to reset Quik for desktop (v.2.6.2 or later) by following the below steps:

1. ​Open Quik for desktop
  2. While on the login screen, select the "Help" tab above the Quik for desktop window
  3. Select "Restart with default settings"
  4. A modal will appear saying "Are you sure?". Click "Restart" once more.
  5. Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
  6. Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

hello

i am also having the same issues trying to log in. It gets stuck on authenticating. Im on windows 10

Ive tried the steps you mentioned but it doesnt work.

Ive deleted my account and made a new account, Ive restarted many times. 

Quik worked once the first time but since then I have not been able to get it running.

I have spent hours trying to make this work. I bought the gopro to take on holiday but am considering returning it as it is no use if I cant get the footage off the camera.

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @piersh331. I appreciate you going through the recommended steps above. Since the issue persists, the next step would be to contact our Support team for further troubleshooting. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Let Support know about steps that you have already performed by directing them to this thread. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi,

For me the the Restart with default settings solved the issue. Now i am able to login and import the content from my GoPro
GoPro

[ New ]

Great to know that, @quickstoke0374. Glad to know that you are now able to access Quik. Thank you for the update.