Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Nomad
Nomad

Quik app for desktop limited functionality vs IOS app

So the new Quik app for desktop only lets you create a video up to a maximum of 1 minute and does not seem to have any facility to utilise your own music. It also limits you to photos and videos taken on your GoPro and not anything else in your photos library

The Quik app for IOS on the phone/iPad allows you to make videos of any length ( up to the length of your music ), allows you to use your own music and include other photos/videos on your iphone/iPad

This seems a strange situation as my Mac is vastly more powerful than my phone/iPad but Gopro have crippled the functionality of the desktop app - or am I missing something ??

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Quik app for desktop limited functionality vs IOS app

I feel exactly the same way! I would love to use the QUIK APP more but I much prefer to edit on my laptop. Seems that the QUIK desktop APP is so limited compared to the mobile APP. Frustrating.

Highlighted
Tourist

I really agree with that. I was so happy when I got Quik for desktop until I used it. The smartphone version is light years ahead and so much more flexible.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes, I do love the Quik iOS app and was so happy when I heard it is coming to MacOS, too.

But I was pretty disappointed when I realized that the videos are limited to 60 seconds.

Any chance this will change in future releases GoPro?

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - We don't have any specific news to share, but we're always looking at ways to innovate and to improve our products.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

Quick App for Desktop and GoPro Studio should just be combined into 1 software.  Then it will function like iMovie.

I am sure the user rate for the desktop version will increase tremendously.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@mengteck71 - With the recent release of our new Quik for Desktop software, these programs are combined. More info on the new Quik for Desktop can be found at https://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Nomad
Nomad

Jeff, I'm not sure what you mean by the new Quik desktop app.  The current Quik app for Desktop (2.01) and the GoPro Studio are still seperate programmes but the Studio can indeed be accessed via the Quik app. I think the issue in this thread is that the "Create" section of the Quik app is vastly inferior to the IOS app version in terms of :-

a) the length of video you can create

b) the ability to use other video/images other than only Gopro created

c) the ability to use music from the users own music library

I don't see any new version available for download unless you have info that we can't see yet.