Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Quik Won't Open - Yet Another Problem

[ New ]

Any ideas on how to get Quik to open?  It opened today, but then after clicking "download" for a couple videos, now the window won't open.  It opens in the taskbar (screenshot attached).  But it does nothing.  You can't switch to Quik or use it or anything.  It just sits down in the taskbar.

I've rebooted the PC, reinstalled Quik, etc, etc, etc, etc.  Newer high-end PC, Win10, latest updates on everything.  ALWAYS problems with only GoPro and not with any other programs I use.

I'll stop typing now before going on a long rant about 2 years of constant issues with GoPro software & support.  .....my god, I can't wait until I can afford a non-GoPro action camera.

Untitled.png

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Quik Won't Open - Yet Another Problem

[ New ]

Hi @swiftwater82380

If you haven't yet, please try the steps on Quik for desktop Fails to Launch

You may also try these steps:

1. Open Windows Explorer by pressing Windows key + E
  2. Click the View tab at the top of this window and make sure the box next to "Show hidden files" is checked
  3. Navigate to C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Local and delete the "GoPro" folder
  4. Restart Quik for desktop and see if the issue persists

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @swiftwater82380

If you haven't yet, please try the steps on Quik for desktop Fails to Launch

You may also try these steps:

1. Open Windows Explorer by pressing Windows key + E
  2. Click the View tab at the top of this window and make sure the box next to "Show hidden files" is checked
  3. Navigate to C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Local and delete the "GoPro" folder
  4. Restart Quik for desktop and see if the issue persists

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

ME PASA LO MISMO, CONTACTE A SOPORTE TECNICO, DESDE HACE UN AÑO Y NO ME HAN DADO RESPUESTA, SIMPLEMENTE ES DECEPCIONANTE, EN VERDAD ESTOY VALORANDO DEJAR DE PAGAR LA SUSCRICION DE "GOPRO PLUS"

Sin título-1.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @temo086. Please refer to my response to your other post. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

Thank you both.  So that article showed "1 of 53 found this article helpful".... which is concerning and should further illustrate the GoPro's community's frustration with the company.

But I did try those steps.  Step 1 didn't work (another screenshot attached).  Step 2 (creating new Windows account) DID work.  So what does that tell us?  Now how do I get Quik to work on my main account?  Having to login to another Windows account to access 1 program is a workaround, not a fix or solution.  Imagine if you had to login to a separate account for every program you use.

Thanks,

Latest GoPo Issue.png