Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Quik Video is freezing but PC has free resources

Hi GoPro Community,

Looking for help on identifying the reason for video playback freezing on the Quik desktop app.

Video Playback (1920x1440@60fps) plays normal on Windows Media Player and on MS Photos.

If I try to edit the same video on MS Photos, then playback is laggy and the image keeps freezing.

On GoPro Quik, the situation quite worse. Playing back the video is very laggy as well as trying to edit it.

With Quik playing a video, the Task Manager on my Windows 10 shows free resources on all items (CPU, Mem, Disk, GPU).

Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bits

i7 960 (overclocked)

GeForce GTX 570

12GB of RAM

OS (freshly installed) and Videos running on an SSD

In trying to fix this, I have:

- Overclocked my PC (it is running stable at 4.18GHz, from 3.2GHZ original). (I have water cooling, but never had the need to overclock it till now... but now it is done! :-) )

- I have upgraded my harddisks to an SSD

Still, the video playback is very laggy on Quik.

With Quick Open, but no playback

CPU-idle.png

1920x1440@60FPS Playback on Quik:

CPU-quick-playback.png

CPU Cores when playing back a video:

CPU-cores-quick-playback.png

Any suggestions on what else can I do to find out what is causing this performance bottleneck and how to solve it?

Thanks,

Felipe.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik Video is freezing but PC has free resources

Hello @felipec67264

There are steps-to-fix detailed in this article that might help.  Other members also shared resolutions through this thread: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/GoPro-Hero-6-4k-60fps-Media-Laggy-and-Glitchy/td-p/67407

Should you need further assistance, you may reach our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . 

Thanks, 
Marius