Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: Quik Not Responding

I guys !

I've been with the same problem for 2 weeks until I found out what was the problem. I just passed my computer under W10 and had to reinstall Quik. When I was running it, I could check my folders, see my photos but couldn't read a video. Quik was frozen and not responding. Even after I updated Graphic drivers. SO I contacted GoPro Support who told me : Ur PC doesn't have the system configuration required. Easy answer. But how the **bleep** do u explain it was working before updating to W10 ? So the support tells me to run the app with graphic processor, BUT: no graphics options, so I try the Nvidia Panel. A error message tells me that none of my screens are connected to graphic processor. So I try reinstall Nvidia but it still doesn't work. Then I decide to update my BIOS : and there it is : IT WORKS ! That was my problem, I hope my solution can help u too ! BEWARE : Updating BIOS is a very dangerous operation and it can be fatal for a PC. Only update ur BIOS with clear instructions coming from ur PC manufacter website!

Hope it can help u guys solve this **bleep** !

Leave a comment if it helped u !

Sightseer

THANK YOU!

It works! Right click on the Quik desktop icon and select "run with graphics processor" then choose "integrated".

2018-05-27 06_59_51-Reply to Message - GOPRO SUPPORT HUB.png
GoPro

Hello @lowsar and @superdawn35533

Thank you for posting back to share what worked for you. The information will definitely be helpful to other community members having the same issue. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Sightseer

This worked a treat. Thanks for the share !

Tourist

Hello,

I had the same problem and the solution showned here worked for me. I started to use the integrated intel graphic card.

But why can´t we use the nvidia card? I´m sure it´s better than the intel card and so would be faster rendering videos.

I have the latest drivers on every piece of hardware and still it doesn´t work with the nvidia card... it´s a waste of a good graphic card.

This problem looks like it is at least a year old and still no solution for quik...sorry but you guys need to step up your game and fix this... this is supposed to be why we pay extra for your equipment

Best regards

Sightseer

can you please tell me in properties where this integrated option will be there ?

i cant see anything

GoPro

Hello @hussain1989

You can check out this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/Quik-for-desktop-Fails-to-Launch .Hope this helps. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Ok so I have the same issue with GoPro Quick as the original poster and a great many other people it seems.  Software hangs when trying to work in Create mode.

I have read each post in this thread and I understand there seems to be an issue with PC's having custom graphics adapters.  I have tried each solution but they don't apply to me as you can see from my screen shot "Run with Graphics Processor" is not an option for me.  Further more looking in my device manager you can see that I only have "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" listed as a graphics option.

What is my solution other than taking my GoPro back to the store and getting a Virb?

Thanks

GoPro_Slow.PNG