Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: Quik Not Responding

Thanks your suggestion worked. I have laptop with version 2.3.0.5383 of Quik on Windows 10 with latest updates and Nvidia Geforce 840M

If it's helpful at all device manager says the other graphics adapter is Intel HD graphics 5500

Also for the record I had no issues at all prior to the latest Quik software update. Any other details you need/want let me know.

Sightseer

I had a similar issue. Quick would open fine. I could even view photos. But as soon as I tried to select a video, it would crash. I followed Mowens advice. I put it in "integrated". It worked a treat. Cheers Mowens.
Sightseer

My graphics card is a NVIDIA Geoforce 940mx.
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

@mowensThank you so much! Thought I had tried everything and nothing worked. But now it's working as it should!!

Sightseer

Same problem but I dont have an Nvidia graphics card, mine is intel. What are my options?

GoPro

Hi @aarons7125,

Give this a try:

1. Right click on your desktop and select Graphics Properties. This will open the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel. Click on Advanced Mode and OK.
  2. In the next window, click on the 3D tab and set your 3D preference to Performance. Click Apply.
  3. Now select the Power tab and set the Power Plans to Maximum Performance. If you sometimes perform with your laptop only running on battery, then select battery in the top right corner and also set it for Maximum Performance. Click Apply.
  4. Close the Intel Graphics Control Panel and right click on the desktop again. This time select the control panel for your dedicated GPU

Hope this helps!

Best,

Ryan

Tourist

Wondering if you could possibly help, I've read this entire thread and nothing seems to work. It doesn't appear I have an integrated graphics card at all. The Nvidia GeForce GT230 is the only option to be found on the device manager and right clicking the desktop. There is no option to run with any other graphics card upon right clicking quik icon either. I am running Win 10 home on an all in one by hp. processor intel core 2 duo 2.10ghz 4gb ram and 64 bit system. 

Thanks

Tourist

I have a surfacebook I 7 and both Quik and Studio hang and crash often ? I have tried using the defauly card and also a clean uninstall and reinstall. Can you help with your software?