Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
GoPro

Re: Quik Not Responding

Hello @nsmith11

Thank you for reaching out. Quik for desktop allows for importing of media from the camera to the computer and doing quick edits with your GoPro files. If Quik does not work correctly, your GoPro media can still be transferred manually to your computer (if import via GoPro App for mobile will not be an option), and could be edited by other editors like VSDC for Windows. http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor/download

You can also find other recommended editing apps from Hub members here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Karma/Editing/m-p/195164#/M10930

Hope this helps!

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

I stopped using go.pro app. I now use Adobe Premiere Pro
Tourist

Thanks for the replys, but the hinge point on me buying this camera was the built in GPS for data overlay.  I don't care to watch action cam footage without that context.

Since this software failure I have been pushed to explore options and I just learned something very interesting since posting.  Apparently the Garmin Virb software will not only work on my PC ( something GoPro does not) but it also accepts video from other camera's like the GoPro!  And for those that have not used the data overly feature Garmin's implementation is night and day better than what GoPro does.  Also for those of you that are also using a garmin watch or edge for recording data from your activities you can stitch that together with the GoPro video pretty easily.  So actually I couldn't be happier that Go Pro has fallen on its face here.

In the short term I am officially migrating software from GoPro "Fast" to Virb Edit.  Not sure if I will be returning the GoPro camera since I have a working solution, but my next cam purchase will be a Garmin just to say thank you to them for having their act together on the hardware and Software.

Here is a good how too tutorial for getting started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5v9ZCwcung

A walk-through of how I use Garmin Virb Edit on the Mac to add data overlay to my videos with data from my sensors. Also a few tips along the way for gauge size/transformations and how to include more than one source of data for comparison videos. Links: Garmin Virb Edit Official: ...
Tourist

One more detail that is difficult to come by.  The Virb camera's actually record in air motion data that the Garmin activity trackers and GoPro camera's do not (as far as I can tell).  So G-Metrix screen overlays like number of jumps, Jump distance, hang time, rotations,... are not available overlays when using the GoPro footage in the Virb edit software.  

Sightseer

Thanks! This worked great for me. I have a Microsoft Surface Book and kept get the "not responding" message when trying to view or go to create mode with a video. When I follow your instructions and run with the "integrated" option everything seems to work fine. 

Tourist

Thanks, that finally worked for me.
Sightseer

The guide works. Thanks

Sightseer

Had the same issue with the program on a new Surface Book running Windows 10. Tried the below and the program now works perfectly.