Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Quik Not Responding

[ New ]

Everytime I attempt to use the 'create' mode in Quik the app stops responding. I have no idea what is causing this, as both my computer and graphics card are running everything else (including other video editting programs) just fine.

I will click on 'create' and it will switch to that window, then it will let me click anything but the video clips, and only occasionally will something load in the upper right section (I think it's meant to be a preview window?) After somewhere between 30 seconds to 1 minute the program will just completely stop responding (as said in the window's title bar). I have tried to wait it out, and have closed it and reopened the app multiple times. I have shut down my computer and tried opening the app after that. I just can't get it to respond.

I'm using Windows 10 (most recent update) and just downloaded Quik today.

Sightseer

Re: Quik Not Responding

[ New ]

Exact same problem windows 7 though, so frustrating. I may just switch to adobe premiere, but would love to use the app.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have the exact same problem here in two computers. One running W7 and another W10, most recent update. Can't get the app to go into create mode. Have you figured this out?

Anonymous

[ New ]

same problem 

Anonymous

[ New ]

I don't understand why gopro looks away from this problem. Many people are getting this same error, and no statement, fix or anything is presented to help us. I have a gopro hero 5 black with GPS but it's useless since the ONLY software that can handle this data doesn't work on an updated system. I have created a support case on this issue (case # 03597497) on April 2nd and, even though they claim to respond within 48 hours, NO response has been received ever since, and I'm still waiting. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

Worked for me (below).

Even though it this solution is sort of frustrating for me, it's what worked.

I'm running a Dell laptop with a dedicated NVIDIA video card. It also has the Intel Integrated Graphics Card, which I think any laptop with an Intel processor has. Absolutely everything is up to date, graphics card and all.

What worked for me is to completely disable my NVIDIA card from the system, following a tip found on another website. Right click My Computer-> Left Click Device Manager -> Expand Display Adapters-> Double Left Click on your Graphics Card-> Click Driver then Disable.

Tried running Quik again and it worked flawlessly.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I used Quik 3 months ago and it worked great (forgot what version was that back then). Then I had to remove it from my PC and re-installed it back this week to make some new videos from my latest adventure (current version installed is:
I downloaded files from my GoPro5 just fine but then when I changed the Tab to Create mode...Not responding...And after 1min I'd try to select anything...Not responding...Not responding...Whatever I try to select or hover over.
I have the latest NVidia driver for my Dell laptop (v381.65) installed.

Tried to set Quik to use NVidia driver, didn't help at all.

The only thing that worked for me as megatree64155 said is to turn off NVidia driver completely from Device Manager.

After disabling the driver Quik would fly in Create mode.

Please fix that, I don't want to disable driver every time I'm thinking of making a new video.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hey all,

For those with two graphics cards in their computer, try the following rather than fully disabling your NVIDIA card:

• Right-click the Quik|Desktop desktop icon
  • Hover your mouse over "Run with Graphics Processor"
  • Select the "Integrated" option. This is your Intel Graphics card.

Quik will launch from this point, and Create mode should work just fine. Let me know if this helps.

~ Mowens

Anonymous

[ New ]

Using H5B, same issue here, using Surface Book with i7 processor, when click create button and freeze not responding.

very disappointing...

Anonymous

[ New ]
Chose the Hero5 over the Sony X3000 ... seems to have been a big mistake. My first GoPro and I can't edit any files using quik or studio on Windows10 (i7, 16 GB RAM). Same as others, click 'create' in Quik and CPU rises skyhigh but nothing else happens and I have to kill the app through the task manager. Not too late to return the camera and that's looking like the easiest option for now. Very disappointed.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Yes. Now it doesn't crash or hang, if the integrated option is chosen.

@mowens wrote:

Hey all,

For those with two graphics cards in their computer, try the following rather than fully disabling your NVIDIA card:

Quik will launch from this point, and Create mode should work just fine. Let me know if this helps.

~ Mowens

GoPro

[ New ]

Hey @Anonymous,

That's AMAZING to hear. For reference, can you please tell me which specific NVIDIA card you have? To everyone else reading this post, please tell me which NVIDIA card you own if you're having the same issue.

~ Mowens

Anonymous

[ New ]

@mowensI have an Nvidia 840M on a laptop.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Thanks heaps for that, easy fix and now she flies, thanks again, cheers Paul

Anonymous

[ New ]

Thanks that worked for me. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hey mowens, thank you very much, it solved my problem! Create mode is now working just fine Man Happy

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks your suggestion worked. I have laptop with version 2.3.0.5383 of Quik on Windows 10 with latest updates and Nvidia Geforce 840M

If it's helpful at all device manager says the other graphics adapter is Intel HD graphics 5500

Also for the record I had no issues at all prior to the latest Quik software update. Any other details you need/want let me know.

Anonymous

[ New ]
I had a similar issue. Quick would open fine. I could even view photos. But as soon as I tried to select a video, it would crash. I followed Mowens advice. I put it in "integrated". It worked a treat. Cheers Mowens.
Anonymous

[ New ]
My graphics card is a NVIDIA Geoforce 940mx.
Anonymous

[ New ]

@mowensThank you so much! Thought I had tried everything and nothing worked. But now it's working as it should!!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same problem but I dont have an Nvidia graphics card, mine is intel. What are my options?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @aarons7125,

Give this a try:

1. Right click on your desktop and select Graphics Properties. This will open the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel. Click on Advanced Mode and OK.
  2. In the next window, click on the 3D tab and set your 3D preference to Performance. Click Apply.
  3. Now select the Power tab and set the Power Plans to Maximum Performance. If you sometimes perform with your laptop only running on battery, then select battery in the top right corner and also set it for Maximum Performance. Click Apply.
  4. Close the Intel Graphics Control Panel and right click on the desktop again. This time select the control panel for your dedicated GPU

Hope this helps!

Best,

Ryan

Tourist

[ New ]

Wondering if you could possibly help, I've read this entire thread and nothing seems to work. It doesn't appear I have an integrated graphics card at all. The Nvidia GeForce GT230 is the only option to be found on the device manager and right clicking the desktop. There is no option to run with any other graphics card upon right clicking quik icon either. I am running Win 10 home on an all in one by hp. processor intel core 2 duo 2.10ghz 4gb ram and 64 bit system. 

Thanks

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have a surfacebook I 7 and both Quik and Studio hang and crash often ? I have tried using the defauly card and also a clean uninstall and reinstall. Can you help with your software?

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same configuation

Windows 10

Intel core I7 7500U (7th Gen)

8Go DDR4

SSD 256Go Samsung

Primary graphics card Nvidia Geforce 940MX (4K)

Secondary graphics card Intel HD Graphic 620 (4K)

By choosing the launch mode with the Intel integrated graphics it works, but it would be necessary to correct this problem so that the

NVIDIA Geforce 940MX (4K) can be used because it is much more powerful.

Thank you !
Anonymous

[ New ]

Does not help.  Any other suggestions?

Anonymous

[ New ]
That worked for me as well, maybe there is some compatibility issue with Nvidia graphic cards... really bad!

Nvidia GeForce 840MX
Windows 10 (64 bits)
Intel Core i7 7500U
Anonymous

[ New ]

Thanks a TON. It worked for me. :) :) 

Anonymous

[ New ]

Worked for me. Nice simple solutionSmiley Very Happy

Anonymous

[ New ]

dude this is not working at all Quik Not Responding  this is pontless getting a go pro worth over $700 if you cant even do any edits needs to be fixed your products that cant even work?? wake up 

Anonymous

[ New ]

Yeah, It works for me! Just disabling the NVIDIA GeForce video adapter.

video_disabling.PNG
Sightseer

[ New ]

I tried waiting it out for 2 hours and was still not responding. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

NVIDIA Geforce 940MX 4GB

Anonymous

[ New ]

Great! Now it work. Thanks for your suggestion!

Fabio

Anonymous

[ New ]

Yes Mowens thank you very much.....are days that I'm getting crazy with this problem and many people as well and nobody answering at go pro support.

We should do it any time we open it.

thank you again

Robivi42

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi, I can't make Quik Desktop to run... Have tried what you suggested but no luck.

My graphic cards are:

AMD Radeon R6 Graphics

AMD Radeon(TM) R8 M365DX

Unsing W10. Everything in my computer is up do date.

Please help. Had my computer looked at by Acer but they didn't find anything wrong.

Anonymous

[ New ]

same  here.

HP spectre360/15

please solve this issue!

thanks

Sightseer

[ New ]

This worked for me on my Dell Laptop windows 10 64bit and thanks for this reply I am now Heart able to enjoy editing my goprohero5 black videos 

Tourist

[ New ]

So looks like I found the solution.

Right click on the Quik icon and run it with your default integrated graphics card and not Nvidia or whatever you have. Worked for me. Instead of diabling the graphic card althogether, this is what you can do.

Regards,

Prem Panchal

Mumbai, India

Anonymous

[ New ]

i still have the same problem when im going to the create video mode

Sightseer

[ New ]

Fixed my issue also, Thank you.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Crash,crash, crash, crash, send report, crash, send report, crash, send report, crash, crash, crash, send report, crash, send report, crash, send report, crash, crash, crash, send report, crash, send report, crash, send report, crash, crash, crash, send report, crash, send report, crash, send report...........................change email, sign in, change email, sign in, change email, sign in, change email, sign in..............................................two hours later still no video.  I think you guys should stop putting stickers on cars, bikes and boats and start putting sponsorship money into software because this hero 6 is virtually worthless if you can't edit.  Studio is garbage too, returning this thing to best buy.  Polaroid cube for $75 never had a problem EVER.

Anonymous

[ New ]

i feel this is a disgrace!!  And should not be happening.

Quik not responding at all, tried to follow the steps on this thread to get it working, but no joy. I am not a computer geek and unsure if i am doing the right changes on my PC. 

Running Windows 10 and on device manager my display is showing as:

AMD Radeon RS330

Intel (R) HD Graphics 530.

Bought a Hero 5 last week to take on holiday with our 11 month old son. great videos on the f*cking Go Pro but useless if i cannot edit them on my home PC. 

And to top it off, online support chat closed @ 5:00 and closed on Saturday and Sunday!!! Plus on email address to sent a formal complaint and or get answers to get this problem resolved!  

Tourist

[ New ]

Same problem and tried everything which has been suggested. So disappointed with Gopro. You have the resources but you cannot make a product. 

Anonymous

[ New ]
No guess what, no reply to my Support Hub request. disappointed
Anonymous

[ New ]

WORKED for me too...as a sidenote this corrected a couple other issues with my laptop as well!  Thanks for posting

Anonymous

[ New ]
hey,
my graphics card is NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 635M 2GB
Anonymous

[ New ]

i have the last model of computer with the max request sistem for quik studio (intel core i7-7500u cpu @ 2.7GHz 2.9GHz 8.00 GB ram win10 64bit)

but the program not run. i try all the possible feature: NOT RUN. please help me

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thanks Movens, it works for me.
Instead of doing a right click each time, I could modify the default controller for this program (instead of directly choosing to launch with the integrated controller). Now I can open quick normally without doing a right click.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Heyy, it works fine with your method~! Thank you so much.