Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Quik Not Responding

Everytime I attempt to use the 'create' mode in Quik the app stops responding. I have no idea what is causing this, as both my computer and graphics card are running everything else (including other video editting programs) just fine.

I will click on 'create' and it will switch to that window, then it will let me click anything but the video clips, and only occasionally will something load in the upper right section (I think it's meant to be a preview window?) After somewhere between 30 seconds to 1 minute the program will just completely stop responding (as said in the window's title bar). I have tried to wait it out, and have closed it and reopened the app multiple times. I have shut down my computer and tried opening the app after that. I just can't get it to respond.

I'm using Windows 10 (most recent update) and just downloaded Quik today.

Sightseer

Re: Quik Not Responding

Exact same problem windows 7 though, so frustrating. I may just switch to adobe premiere, but would love to use the app.

Tourist

I have the exact same problem here in two computers. One running W7 and another W10, most recent update. Can't get the app to go into create mode. Have you figured this out?

Sightseer

same problem 

Tourist

[ Edited ]

I don't understand why gopro looks away from this problem. Many people are getting this same error, and no statement, fix or anything is presented to help us. I have a gopro hero 5 black with GPS but it's useless since the ONLY software that can handle this data doesn't work on an updated system. I have created a support case on this issue (case # 03597497) on April 2nd and, even though they claim to respond within 48 hours, NO response has been received ever since, and I'm still waiting. 

Tourist

Worked for me (below).

Even though it this solution is sort of frustrating for me, it's what worked.

I'm running a Dell laptop with a dedicated NVIDIA video card. It also has the Intel Integrated Graphics Card, which I think any laptop with an Intel processor has. Absolutely everything is up to date, graphics card and all.

What worked for me is to completely disable my NVIDIA card from the system, following a tip found on another website. Right click My Computer-> Left Click Device Manager -> Expand Display Adapters-> Double Left Click on your Graphics Card-> Click Driver then Disable.

Tried running Quik again and it worked flawlessly.

Tourist

I used Quik 3 months ago and it worked great (forgot what version was that back then). Then I had to remove it from my PC and re-installed it back this week to make some new videos from my latest adventure (current version installed is:
I downloaded files from my GoPro5 just fine but then when I changed the Tab to Create mode...Not responding...And after 1min I'd try to select anything...Not responding...Not responding...Whatever I try to select or hover over.
I have the latest NVidia driver for my Dell laptop (v381.65) installed.

Tried to set Quik to use NVidia driver, didn't help at all.

The only thing that worked for me as megatree64155 said is to turn off NVidia driver completely from Device Manager.

After disabling the driver Quik would fly in Create mode.

Please fix that, I don't want to disable driver every time I'm thinking of making a new video.

GoPro

Hey all,

For those with two graphics cards in their computer, try the following rather than fully disabling your NVIDIA card:

• Right-click the Quik|Desktop desktop icon
  • Hover your mouse over "Run with Graphics Processor"
  • Select the "Integrated" option. This is your Intel Graphics card.

Quik will launch from this point, and Create mode should work just fine. Let me know if this helps.

~ Mowens