Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Quik - No Files to Import on Windows 10

I also cannot import my surfing vacation videos via Quik on Windows 10. I have a very new Go Pro Hero 5 Black that has import files twice before but not now. 

I've tried rebooting, two different USB cables, different USB ports, running Quik as adminstrator, deleting USB files, ...

I had a similar issues on someone elses Windows 10 brand new laptop while traveling.  Random series of reboots etc fixed that.

Based on the number of postes about this, Go Pro, you need to fix this.

I don't have an SD Card reader to use, the USB download is my only option and it has failed me.

Two other symptoms:

• Quik does not seem to recognize the Hero Black
  • Windows 10 Explorer shows "Folder is Empty"
  • Capture Mobile shows there are files on the SD card

Matt

Sightseer

Re: Quik - No Files to Import on Windows 10

Did you find a solution? I am having the same issue. Greg

Tourist

Unfortunately, I have not. My work around was to figure out why my SD card reader was not longer working (one of the connectors became unplugged from the mother board).

I'm really hope it gets fixed.

Matt

Sightseer

Having the exact same issue on Windows 10.

- 1st time I connected the Gopro5 via USB it recognized it and it worked I could view and save the files.

- 2nd time it did not work anymore, so I had to reboot the laptop and install Quik for it to work.

- 3rd time it did not work again (not even reboot), so had to re-install Quik and only then it worked.

- today, 4th time nothing works at all anymore (reboot, quik reinstall, remove usb for hero5 from connected devices). This is not normal... It is really frustrating... I really hope it gets fixed very very soon! Thanks.

Sightseer

Me too with this problem. So annoying. 

Sightseer

Same problam with me!

first few times worked great, but now it keeps showing me "no files to import" and the Windows explorer shows an empty folder

GoPro please fix this issue!!!

Tourist

same issue here so maybe we're all just missing something basic

Tourist

I have the same probleme on my imac. But sometimes, it works if i let my gopro plugged to my computer 2 hours or more, the button "Import all files" suddenly appears. Maybe be cuse the files are too heavy... and it takes some time... but it's so annoying!