Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Quik Music And Copyright

I used a music clip from Quik (GoPro) for a video I created  their software after upload to Youtube I received a email from Youtube saying someone had made a claim of copyright ownership of the music I had used via Quik.  

I sometime wonder if it's Gopro trying to get people to pay a monthly fee to use Quik, which you get alot more misic clips to use.

Or Youtube is not checking to find out who really owns the copyright.

Highlighted
Tourist

Highlighted
Hiker

With the problems I have had with Quik music list and Youtube I have it easier to use Royalty Free Music as I have never had any trouble, as long as I  give a knowledge the creator of the music on the video via a credit or within the description  within a attachment to a email

Cat Mad

Highlighted
Sightseer

Yep, I've encountered the same exact issue. Copyright claim for the music used from GoPro Quik. If I have to deal with this when uploading a simple homemade video, I'll just stop using the app completely and they can forget about getting a PLUS subscription or w/e for the extended music library if you have to fight copyright claims all the time. No thanks.

Highlighted
Explorer

Are you trying to make money off your family videos? The music from Quik will sometimes generate an auto message that YouTube has the song cataloged which creates the claim, but the message should also say, "Don't worry..."

You don't have to "fight" anything.
Highlighted
Hiker

Heres what I have tried editing a video using Quik then saved to documents after that open in Studio or if you have other editing software mute the music and replace with some from you favourite free music site.

Have you noticed you have to use the music  provide, when using Quik I believe in been fair and been given a free choice to use or not to use.

Highlighted
Hiker

No I'm not trying to make money at this time, I will see how things go.
If I get more views or subscribers I will reconsider,
Just a hobby for now.
Highlighted
Explorer

You can mute the music within Quik and also bring up the volume of the audio in the video. After adding the clip to the timeline, select the pencil icon. You can also move the selection and adjust the color, vibrancy, contrast and brightness.