Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Quik Music And Copyright

Hey' whats happening I've used Quik desktop to create a short video clip with music from your list tunes, the thing is when I upload to Youtube I keep getting hit with someone claiming to own the copyright to that piece of music.

I am forced to remove the music from clip and use other music from else were.

The problem needs to be resolved or I will remove app from my computer.  Cat Sad

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Quik Music And Copyright

You are not required to remove the music from the clip. If you are monetizing your videos YouTube has an automated system that alerts you that the revenue will be going to the copyright owner, or the copyright owner is receiving stats about your video’s views. In this case, they are just sending stats to the copyright owner.
Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks I'll keep that in mind but I am hoping GoPro will do the fair thing and warn users of their desktop or Mac Quik program the likely hood of receiving a copyright strike when using music they are offering for use.

Highlighted
Explorer

They do. http://help.quik.gopro.com/article/48-licensing-rights

"

As for the music library in Quik, we pay copyrights so that our users can have those songs in their videos.

However be aware if you share the video on social networks if may not be that simple since Facebook nor YouTube supports individual licences:

Facebook has a very binary way to detect copyright materials: if you upload your video on Facebook and used a copyrighted music that they have on their list (even if it's from Quik, even if you've bought it) then Facebook will remove your video and there is nothing we can do about that.
So the best way is to avoid having your video deleted is to simply copy and paste the link of your video: for that choose "share via email" sent to yourself so you'll get the link of your video.

With YouTube it's a bit different. They do not take down your video but they put ads on it. The problem is that YouTube does not support individual licences so it does not recognize the licenses we issue to our users. They have a manual system: the user disputes the claim and the claim has to be released manually so that the ads is removed. Jamendo do not have employees that can take care of releasing claims everyday, it's simply not feasible."

Highlighted
Explorer

Granted, this is for the Quik app, but it's the same whether it's from the GoPro Awards Free Music or the Quick for Desktop app.
Highlighted
Hiker

How about an option that lets us disable music been added to video clips in Quik Create 

Highlighted
Explorer

In the Quik desktop app you can edit each individual clip.  When you select the edit icon on the video clip you have the options of moving the section selected, adjusting color, contrast and brightness, and also adjust the volume on both the clip and the music. If you don't want the music you can just turn it all the way down.

Hope that helps,

Daniel

Highlighted
Tourist

So to clarify-music copyright passes through to the consumer that created it with Quik? Instagram deleted my video (interestingly created/posted a year ago and reposting today) and to dispite they ask for your digital signature that you have the rights/permission....