Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Quik Media Imported With Wrong Date, Now Shown Years Out of Date

[ Edited ]

I have the exact same using version 2.3.0.6256. Recordings on 25-08-2017 and 26-08-2017 are partly dated on 02-01-2017. Takes a lot of time to sort them out. Please fix this behavior a.s.a.p. 

Sightseer

It happens the same to me. In many occasions I take many pictures in the same day, the funny thing is, sometimes some pictures get labelled as Jan 1, 2015 while the others have the correct date. The only difference between these pictures is a battery swap. The pictures are stored on the same memory card and all the settings remain the same and my Go Pro Hero4 Silver is showing the correct date when I check it in the settings. It is obvious there's a bug in the date and time when the picture is stored. I think you need to solve this issue the quicker the better, otherwise people will find very quickly and easy solution, nowadays there is a huge range of sport camera to choose from at a very interesting prices and high specs, so you better shake your leg or else…Smiley Wink

Sightseer

I have a few videos that were defaulted to Jan 1, 2015 which is fine and I know why that happened. The problem I have is that I adjusted the date with Quik and then later realized that the location on the hard drive is still in a folder titled 2015-01-01 so I moved the files to the proper dated folder structure and found that Quik no longer reconizes them in the media tab. This was also easily fixed by using the scan location which then pulled up the videos again. Howerver, they are now showing in the media tab as the original 2015 date even though they are now relocated to the proper dated folder stucture and I already told Quik the new adjusted date.

So the adjust date edit in Quik is in the Quik software only and doesn't even edit the meta data of the file. This will be very problematic when I migrate my video folder to a new PC someday and then reinstall Quick and have it scan the folder. At that point I will have no way to accuately or efficiently manually adjust the files yet again.

Please fix or tell me how to properly adjust these files when I get them or I will have to resort to other software tools to view and manage my fast growing GoPro footage. I use the many pictures and videos I take with my GoPro's and phones as my historical timeline and fussing with wrong dates for various reasons is a pain as it is.

Sightseer

I have this issue only in the video files, the camera has accurate date and time, checked it before and after. The files save as created December 31 2015 +/- a day and at various times of day.
Sightseer

I am having the same problem. Not OK. 

Tourist

Thanks jefft but . . . Only appears to correct the date in Quik: The MP4 and five JPEGs I saved from a shoot yesterday defaulted back to January 2, 2015 and after repeated attempts to correct the metadata showing on file in their external disk location, they're still detailing the incorrect 2015 date. On the other hand the suggested amendment path has worked to the extent that they're all showing as Saturday APR 28, 2018 in the Media Library.

Tourist

Hi.

I have GoPro Quik 2.3.0.5383.

I get todays date on all photos and videos I transfer from both GoPro 5 and 6. Both with Quik and Windows Explorer. I think. At least most of the time. Huge problem.

Any and all suggestions highly appreciated. I'm also finding it difficult to choose between using Quik or just Windows Explorer.

GoPro

Hi @peko

Kindly refer to this link for steps on changing the date for your media.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Ej