Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Quik Media Imported With Wrong Date, Now Shown Years Out of Date

For some reason, about 6+ times or so over the past 2 years, I've had my import files have the incorrect date. It seems to default to Jan 1, 2015 - even though these videos are from 2016-2017.

I have a HERO 4 Silver. Yes, I have reformated the SD. Running Windows 7 64bit. 

So now in Quik Media View. My files are shown years out of place. I've tried bulk adjusting the date/time within Quik, which works temoporarily, but as soon as the folder is re-scanned, it reverts back to the old date - and my hours of work spent manually changing the date using Quik's Adjust Date/Time feature.

I've tried bulk editing the creation date on the files, to the correct creation date (I noticed most had the Jan 1, 2015 date in the actual meta data of the file - but not all). It appears Quik is using a different date. I then had Quik re-scan the selected folder and it still has it as Jan 1, 2015. 

This is driving me crazy. I have hundreds of files... please help. 

Thanks!

GoPro Community Manager

Re: Quik Media Imported With Wrong Date, Now Shown Years Out of Date

@yuriio586 - Sorry this is happening. One thing to try going forward is to sync your camera up to Quik for Desktop regularly. Quik will help keep the clock in your camera current.

Quik can also help you adjust the date of your files in batches. From the Quik dashboard with your files, select the files with the same date (click the first one and then hold Shift as you click the last one and it should highlight all the files in between). Then, go to "Media" is the menu bar and select "Adjust Date". A pop-up will appear that will let you select a new date for the files.

Thanks,

Jeff

GoPro

Hey @yuriio586,

The camera itself sends the directive to the SD card when recording footage. With that being said, the date that's notated in the settings of the camera is the date that's going to be written onto each file. Reformatting the SD card before each shoot is great and highly recommended, but long periods of doormancy or letting the camera sit idle for a long time can cause date/time or Protune settings to reset. Be mindful to check those settings before you start recording again. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks,

~Mowens

Tourist

Thanks for the replies. I'll manually reformat my SD from now on. 

Sightseer

i have the same problem. all my files are imported through Quick. they show the date on 1/30/2015. the date on the camera is set correctly. 

were you able to find a better guranteed solution for this problem?

Tourist

Crazy flaw in Quik. Cmon GoPro.
Tourist

Hello. I'm having exactly the same problem when importing from my Hero 5 Black to lattes Quik App to my iPad uodates also. Any help ?
Sightseer

I'm having the same problem. If I have multiple shoots in the same day, sometimes one shoot gets labeled as Jan 1, 2015 while the others have the correct date. The only difference between these two shoots would be a battery swap when one dies. The shoots are stored on the same memory card and all the settings stay the same and my Go Pro Hero4 Silver is showing the correct date when I check it in the settings. Is it possible that there's a bug in the part of the code that writes the date and time metadata to the file? Can we expect a patch soon?