Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Re: Quik, HERO5 Black "Import Cancelled" every time

[ New ]
I’m not sure if this helps, but I was on v2.3 and the problem started happening again until I realized that v2.6 was available for Quik. I had thought that since the option to automatically update Quik was on, that I was using the most recent version. After updating to 2.6 the problem stopped happening for me again.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Changing or re-entering the download location didn't work for me.  Upon checking, I was using version 2.4 so I went to the GoPro website and downloaded the new 2.5 version of Quik.  Restarted my Mac and all is working fine again now.

Note:

1. There was no update option on quik (something they should be doing automatically)

2. I didnt receive any communication from GoPro about updating my software

3. I checked on the App store for updates on my Mac and nothing was showing

Not great customer service from a big company like GoPro.

Anonymous

[ New ]
I am having the same problem and changing the import location for the media is not solving this issue. Need fix/solution ASAP!!!
Anonymous

[ New ]

Hey bro - Look at your Quik version. Most likely it's 2.4 version. Upgrade to 2.5 (or later if available by the time you read this) - That fixed it for me.

Anonymous

[ New ]

When I try to download video it immediately reads "import cancelled"

I've had this camera for a year or so and I am still waiting to have an error free experience with it. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

I was having the same problem and I found that this works if I do this on my Mac:

1. Quit GoPro Quik and disconnect GoPro camera from computer

2. Re-connect camera and open up GoPro Quik

3. DON'T tap Import Files until you re-select the storage device (in my case it's also an external hard drive, SSD)

4. Then once the folder is selected again, try importing

It's definitely not an elegant solution and this is still a bug that needs fixing, but when I remember to re-select the drive, it's been working.

Hope this helps! 

Tourist

[ New ]

I had the exact same problem after upgrading my Mac to High Sierra. Upgrading from 2.3 to 2.5 did the trick.

Too bad the app does not check for updates and tell you when there is one. I would have saved time and probably not even experienced the problem.

Yann

Anonymous

[ New ]

Thanks for providing this solution. I followed your suggestion and now Quik is working properly with MacOS High Sierra. After I reselect the same Import Folder, Quik reprocessed or scanned the folder. Once the process completed, Quik is no longer sluggish to load and play video.