Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Quik, HERO5 Black "Import Cancelled" every time

[ New ]

Doesn't matter if I plug the camera in by USB, or put the card into the SD reader on the computer, it appears to start downloading but immediately says Import Cancelled. I have had to manually create folders on my computer and copy files off the SD.

HERO5 Black using v02.60

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Mac OS X 10.13.1 (17B48)

Quik v2.3.0.6256

This may have ocurred after an update to High Sierra, I can't recall the exact timing. 

For the past three times I've copied from the card, I have used the camera to erase and reformat the card after each file transfer which doesn't seem to help. 

This is getting really annoying. 

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: Quik, HERO5 Black "Import Cancelled" every time

[ New ]

I have resolve (1 tentative) with redifine directory where import video in MAC in Qlik windows.

View solution in original post

Anonymous

[ New ]

This solution seemed to work for me also.

On the "Settings" page, I clicked the folder icon next to the "Import Location" and reselected the destination folder (even though it was the same folder as was specified in the "Import Location" already,) and everything worked fine again.

The folder I'm using is on an external HD connected via USB which is frequently disconnected. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]
Hiker

[ New ]

I have same problem: with 2 Gopro.

I have reset SD from Gopro...but don't change.

Please resolve this problem is very critical!

Hiker

[ New ]

I have same problem: with 2 Gopro.

I have reset SD from Gopro...but don't change.

Please resolve this problem is very critical!

The error that I see on log in MAC High Sierra:

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.GoPro.goproapp.GoProDeviceService[11926]): Service exited due to signal: Segmentation fault: 11 sent by exc handler[0]

GoProIDService[12122]: Operation too slow. Less than 2000 bytes/sec transferred the last 180 seconds

...on Gopro 4 black I see the screen with <- -> how to data transfer but no data trasfer from Gopro and  MAC.

Hiker

[ New ]

I have resolve (1 tentative) with redifine directory where import video in MAC in Qlik windows.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I'm having the same problem!! please SOLVE THIS QUICKLY!!!

Anonymous

[ New ]

I'm having the same problem

Anonymous

[ New ]

This solution seemed to work for me also.

On the "Settings" page, I clicked the folder icon next to the "Import Location" and reselected the destination folder (even though it was the same folder as was specified in the "Import Location" already,) and everything worked fine again.

The folder I'm using is on an external HD connected via USB which is frequently disconnected. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ New ]

In the error log files this message appears at each time I tried to use Quik to import files:

"GoPro Quik: (Foundation) errors encountered while discovering extensions: Error Domain=PlugInKit Code=13 "query cancelled" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=query cancelled}"

Anonymous

[ New ]

This did not work for me. Still can't import. Sucks.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Same problem here. hero 6. Was importing fine, now sayss import cancelled every time and won't import. FFS!!

Anonymous

[ New ]

NOT solved - that solution doesn't work for me and I'm stuck unable to import. This is **bleep**e....

Anonymous

[ New ]
I’m not having this exact problem anymore, however the problem has immediately shifted to Quik saying that there is nothing to import when I plug the camera in by USB, but it does find files and import correctly when I take the card out of the camera and put it in the SD slot.
Anonymous

[ New ]
If Quik is still not finding files after I format the card again I will post a new topic about it.
Anonymous

[ New ]

After installing High Sierra on my MacBook Pro, Quik was giving me the "import canceled" message immediately. I noticed the Quik 2.5 was available at GoPro.com and I was still on 2.4... Updating Quik to the latest version fixed the problem immediately.

Don't forget to reboot after installing the new version.

Good luck.

Anonymous

[ New ]
Solved my own problem by updating from QUIK 2.4 to 2.5 - this is necessary for all Mac users who have upgraded to High Sierra. The OS update changed the file system a bit.
Anonymous

[ New ]
Stoutdive5120, I marked the problem as solved because I’m not having the issue anymore. It’s probably best to start a new thread with your system info because it seems to be a different problem.
Anonymous

[ New ]

I had the same problem. I've resolved to reinstall Quick

Anonymous

[ New ]

I had the same problem, ran into the "Import Canceled" when I upgraded my OSX to macOS High Sierra. I solved the issue by upgrading from 2.4.x to Quik 2.5

Anonymous

[ New ]

Upgrading GoPro Quik fixed the problem for me on an iMac.

Remember to reboot your iMac.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I am sorry, but this is not the solution, at least no for me. 

please help.

thank you.

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 5.25.50 PM.png
Anonymous

[ New ]

Im having the same problem since upgrading to mac sierra

Anonymous

[ New ]
Update from QUIK 2.4 to 2.5
Anonymous

[ New ]

I am having the same problem as well.

I have updated my camera, reformatted my memory card and turned all of my equipment on and off again and still no solution. I also tried to re-selected the location for importing, but choosing the same one or even a different one does not seem to work. It only seemed to work when plugging in my memory card, but not my camera. I am trying to import my media to an external HD.

Is this maybe a bug in the system since the update to High Sierra? Please fix asap!

Anonymous

[ New ]
I’m not sure if this helps, but I was on v2.3 and the problem started happening again until I realized that v2.6 was available for Quik. I had thought that since the option to automatically update Quik was on, that I was using the most recent version. After updating to 2.6 the problem stopped happening for me again.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Changing or re-entering the download location didn't work for me.  Upon checking, I was using version 2.4 so I went to the GoPro website and downloaded the new 2.5 version of Quik.  Restarted my Mac and all is working fine again now.

Note:

1. There was no update option on quik (something they should be doing automatically)

2. I didnt receive any communication from GoPro about updating my software

3. I checked on the App store for updates on my Mac and nothing was showing

Not great customer service from a big company like GoPro.

Anonymous

[ New ]
I am having the same problem and changing the import location for the media is not solving this issue. Need fix/solution ASAP!!!
Anonymous

[ New ]

Hey bro - Look at your Quik version. Most likely it's 2.4 version. Upgrade to 2.5 (or later if available by the time you read this) - That fixed it for me.

Anonymous

[ New ]

When I try to download video it immediately reads "import cancelled"

I've had this camera for a year or so and I am still waiting to have an error free experience with it. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

I was having the same problem and I found that this works if I do this on my Mac:

1. Quit GoPro Quik and disconnect GoPro camera from computer

2. Re-connect camera and open up GoPro Quik

3. DON'T tap Import Files until you re-select the storage device (in my case it's also an external hard drive, SSD)

4. Then once the folder is selected again, try importing

It's definitely not an elegant solution and this is still a bug that needs fixing, but when I remember to re-select the drive, it's been working.

Hope this helps! 

Tourist

[ New ]

I had the exact same problem after upgrading my Mac to High Sierra. Upgrading from 2.3 to 2.5 did the trick.

Too bad the app does not check for updates and tell you when there is one. I would have saved time and probably not even experienced the problem.

Yann

Anonymous

[ New ]

Thanks for providing this solution. I followed your suggestion and now Quik is working properly with MacOS High Sierra. After I reselect the same Import Folder, Quik reprocessed or scanned the folder. Once the process completed, Quik is no longer sluggish to load and play video. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

Make sure GoPro Quik is up to date to the most resent version.  Just updated mind and everything works fine.

Bobby

Anonymous

[ New ]

The folder thing DID NOT resolve the issue. 

Anonymous

[ New ]
What version
Anonymous

[ New ]
This should be the one marked as solution! None of the others were any help, I tried and same error. This reminded me to check version and I was two versions off! Once updated, i was good to go. Quick is supposed to tell you when it needs to be updated but clearly does not. This was my solution. Thanks!
Anonymous

[ New ]

I have this problem and I have tried the suggested solution and anything else I could think of for well over 2hrs onto my Mac 27” and nothing works for me. ALL of my software is up Today’s!

Cmon GoPro, post an answer.

I have just bought the hero5black as advised by your help desk (due to a housing issue on my HB3Black) but at least I never had any download issues with my HB3 into studio!!. 

Seriously rubbish GoPro. I wish I had never upgraded!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Have you updated the firmware on the camera it's self?  If not try that the firm/software may not be working together.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have this problem and I have tried the suggested solution and anything else I could think of for well over 2hrs onto my Mac 27” and nothing works for me. ALL of my software is up Today’s!

Cmon GoPro, post an answer.

I have just bought the hero5black as advised by your help desk (due to a housing issue on my HB3Black) but at least I never had any download issues with my HB3 into studio!!. 

Seriously rubbish GoPro. I wish I had never upgraded!

Have you tried to update the firmware on your camera?  If not, the two operating systems aren't working together.  Please port back if that is the problem.  Hope it helps.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi bud, yep all firmware and software up to date. BUT not sure what has changed, but turned the iMac on and tried again today, imported everything straightaway..... yippee, must have thrown a six to start.... lol

Editing in iMovie and stitching together 4 separate vids. Happier bunny now...

Anonymous

[ New ]

I had the same problem. The version "Quik" that I was using was at least 2 versions old. I downloaded the latest version of Quik" and that fixed the problem. It works as expected now.

Don't forget to restart your computer.

Anonymous

[ New ]

This doesn't help me at all. I still can't upload the files. I am unable to connect to app as well, as I get wifi not ready try again later. Ive been uploading for 12 months, and now with High Sierra 10.13.3 I am no longer able.

Please help, otherwise I need to ditch the camera.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi !

I've got the same issue and please GoPro could you take the time to answer us.

At least tell us that you are aware of the problem and that you are working on an update.

Import Canceled

Thanks.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Have you updated the firmware on the camera it's self?  If not try that the firm/software may not be working together.  If the firmware isn't updated on the camer they won't jive.

RBF

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi !

I've got the same issue and please GoPro could you take the time to answer us.

At least tell us that you are aware of the problem and that you are working on an update.

Import Canceled

Thanks.

Anonymous

[ New ]
Have you updated the firmware on the camera it's self? If not try that the firm/software may not be working together. RBF cheers
Anonymous

[ New ]
Have you updated the firmware on the camera it's self? If not try that the firm/software may not be working together.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Firmware up to date

Firmware up to date

Anonymous

[ New ]

Have you checked the application on your computer any updates required?  or remove it from harddrive and reinstall it.  in most cases it will reset itself.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Installing the latest version of Quik just sorted this problem for me too. Annoying that there doesn't seem to be an autoupdate for Quik itself though, as this would help everybody out. 

Anonymous

[ New ]
Quik used to have an update checker, last week I was trying to make sure it was up to date and I couldn’t find any way to check for an update, and it was a version behind. I also couldn’t find any way to update from the program either, so I manually downloaded and installed the update.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Exactly what I ended up doing. A bit old school in this day and age really.