Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Quik Desktop for Windows 7?

[ New ]

Hi,

I'd like to install the GoPro Quik desktop app but my computer is still running Windows 7 (I downgraded from 10 becaue I prefer 7).  My system meets all the requirements to run the program except for the version of windows I have. Is there a way around this? Otherwise, I won't be able to use the program. 

Thanks

Sightseer

Re: Quik Desktop for Windows 7?

[ New ]

Hi,

I have the exact same issue, help, please :-)

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @reneegannon,

Thank you for showing interest with our application. Unfortunately, Quik for Desktop is only compatible with Microsoft Software machine running Windows 10.

If you’re looking for a non-linear editor to make your own custom edits with, you can use VSDC on Windows- http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor/download.

Cheers, 

Rae

Hiker

[ New ]

Google GoPro_Quik-WinInstaller-2.3.0.5383 and GoProStudioPC-2.5.4.404 and you'll fid them both

Hiker

[ New ]

Or you may wish to google GoProStudioPC-2.5.9.2658 and you'll find the latest windows 7 application for GoPro Studio

Good luck

Hiker

[ New ]

Google GoPro_Quik-WinInstaller-2.3.0.5383 and GoProStudioPC-2.5.4.404 and you'll find them both.

Or you may wish to google GoProStudioPC-2.5.9.2658 and you'll find the latest windows 7 application for GoPro Studio

Good luck

Hiker

[ New ]

It's totaly crazy, but thanks for you support and the suggestion to search the tool on Google.

Quik is the only software I use that doesn't work on Windows 7.

It's **bleep**ing crazy!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @merlinox,

There are a lot of alternative video editing software for Windows 7.

You can try to use VSDC. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Hiker

[ New ]

Do you really think your reply is a good answer? 

There isn't a single reason to develop an app only for Windows 10 and not for windows 7.

Quik isn't only a video editing software, it's the tool to update the firmware of the GoPro.

It's a nonsense choice by GoPro, I really don't know how you can support it or reply to us to use another video editing tool.

Hiker

[ New ]

One doesn't need Quick for any firmware upgrade. One can do that by using the support page. We own two Hero's (6 and 7) and both firmware upgrades have been obtained by entering the respective serialnumbers of the camera's

Hiker

[ New ]

As someone suggested (thanks) I found the installer of GoPro Studio and I installed it: it works.

Not just, it ask to me to install a newer version, and it installed the Quik version (for Win7) ;)