Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Quik Desktop fails every time

[ New ]

I just don't understand this company. Virtually EVERYTHING these people sell either crashes, freezes, fails to load, breaks, is as reliable like a whore in church, or generally won't work, etc.

My problem THIS time (last problem was one hour ago with a 7 Black freezing AND stopping recordings whenever it wants to) it's with this ridiculous Quik Desktop app. This MFer absolutely REFUSES to load a single file. This is not that hard. Put MP4 files in a folder, load folder, and.....NOTHING. EVERY TIME.

Any ideas? I've just HAD it with these people. It's time to sell every piece of GP garbage I own and move to DJI I guess. Even the owner is an arrogant --bleep--. I'm tired of rewarding his piss poor behavior, just because his stabilization is good. But now, DJI's new shooter looks GOOD. 

Hell, if this question even posts to the forum, I'll be shocked. For real, I will.

UPDATE! HAHAHAHAHHA, IT DIDN'T POST the first time!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Quik Desktop fails every time

[ New ]

Hi! @ugbandtulsa @ghermi

Were you able to try the steps on Quik for desktop Crashes while Opening Create Mode?

Please note that Quik for desktop is no longer in development.

You may also explore other programs that can be used for the same purpose. Moreover, the GoPro App also supports importing, viewing, and editing GoPro media on a compatible mobile device

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

[ New ]

I have same issue. I contacted with gopro support but they could not provide any solution. Let's see if we can get an answer in this forum.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi! @ugbandtulsa @ghermi

Were you able to try the steps on Quik for desktop Crashes while Opening Create Mode?

Please note that Quik for desktop is no longer in development.

You may also explore other programs that can be used for the same purpose. Moreover, the GoPro App also supports importing, viewing, and editing GoPro media on a compatible mobile device

Thanks!

Ej