Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Quik 2.6.0.730 on Win10 - Saving audio but not video!

Hi,

I have a modern beefy machine on Win10. Quik 2.5.x used to refuse to save the video about 90% of the time (I know the restriction on no spaces in edit names etc.), but at least from time to time I could get it to save. Updated to 2.6.0.730, since then it saves all the time BUT the videos only contain sound, no image (black frame, small size videos). I uninstalled, scrubbed and reinstalled many times, no luck. Anybody having the same issue?

The quality of that piece of software is appalling. Pretty much every time I use it I find a new bug (hanging on editing the first segment, highlights tuck, visual glitches etc.). This is barely beta level. This is really too bad as the concept is good. I would happily pay for a functional version of it, with less restrictions on the format (more flexibility in the clip duration, rescaling preferences etc), but no way in its current state.

GoPro

Re: Quik 2.6.0.730 on Win10 - Saving audio but not video!

Hello @foggytree58108

Thank you for making sure that you have the latest version for Quik on your computer. Do you have information on the resolution set for the videos that only produce audio in Quik? Do these videos play fine using a different media player on your computer?

We'd like to gather more details so we can help. Alternatively, you can can reach out to our Support team for a more personalized assistance. You can connect with them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius

Sightseer

Any video I have. All these videos are working fine on any other player on the same machine. The preview while editing works fine. It is only the saved edit that appears black, and without video in it as the size is too small, but the audio is there. That is since 2.6.
Tourist

I have the same problem in desktop app.
Working with: Intel i5 8400 - Intel UHD Graphics 630
Sightseer

I'm having the same issue!!!  This is so frustrating!  I can't export any of my GoPro Hero 6 clips with Gauges data on them! 

And Quik Desktop app is the ONLY way to do it my gosh.... PLEASE either fix this, or ADD the other telemetry data to the iOS Quik app!! 

Explorer

RacerRender works to create videos with GPS data. Dashware does as well but it's more difficult to extract the data and use effectively.
Sightseer

Hi,

Exactly the same issue. I actually never get video.. so software is useless at the moment..

Would appreciate a qui(c)k fix!

Sightseer

I have the same issue! Very frustrating.