Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Quick won't launch

Same, studio opens but no story board to drag videos that have been converted, can't add music, nada,  no idea whats going on?

Highlighted
Anonymous

same problem

Highlighted
Anonymous

I found out that my issue is possibley my PC, Quik and GoPro Studio will not work on a system with a dual core processor, must have at least a quad core plus the grahics card might be an issue as well. My PC is five years old but in tech years thats an eternity. Getting by with Windows Moviemaker for now for which there are many good tutorials on line also, bummer but whatever, i'm no Steven Speilberg so i'll do just fine, lol. Hope this was helpful, make sure you have a quad core processor, minimum.

Highlighted
Anonymous

The quik app was doing the same thing for me, and I reinstalled it and it worked for the first launch. After i tried opening it after the first launch it would fail to open. I right-clicked on the program shortcut and went to properties and changed the compatibility to Windows 8 and it seems to be working fine. Hope this helps

Highlighted
Anonymous

Same Problem... initially i was having an issue with gopro studio which i couldn't open the project that I've spent few days working on (i Ctrl+S several times before i shut down the program!!!). Then i took advice from the hub and updated quik and studio from Quik-WinInstaller-2.0.0.4203 to Quik-WinInstaller-2.0.1.4320. This is when Quik stopped working(Gopro Studio is fine). Then i found out my days work project file has 0 bytes. So i have lost my project and Quik quitted on me too

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have the same issue.  It worked the first few times.  The Studio works, but not Quik.  I have tried using ADMIN mode, uninstall, reinstall, etc.  Windows 10 is up to date.  Customer service suggestions do nothing (admin mode, uninstall, reinstall, create new userid's etc.).  I have a bunch of videos from diving in Palau last week and I am SOOO frustrated!!!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hello to all.

I have had GoPro Hero 4 Silver for quite sometime now (after my Hero 4 Black got busted).

Before, I used to just take photos and videos then connect my camera thru the USB Cable on to my PC and GoPro automatically imports everything for me.

Now, I would still do the same procedure but to my surprise, GoPro Studio and Quik wouldn't automatically do the importing. I tried doing the following:

1. Plugged USB Cable to GoPro and connect to PC >> Turn GoPro ON >> NO IMPORTING

2. Plugged USB Cable to GoPro (while it's ON) and connect to PC >> NO IMPORTING

3. Repeated 1 & 2 using a different cable >> NO IMPORTING

4. Tried 1, 2, and 3 on different PC's >> NO IMPORTING

5. Removed the micro SD from GoPro >> Used a card reader >> Plugged into PC >> Card reader Not detected >> NO IMPORTING

6. Tried 5 on different PC's (with GoPro Studio and Quik installed) >> Card reader Not detected >> NO IMPORTING

I have almost exhausted all alternatives when connecting my GoPro to my PC but still haven't found any luck. Anything wrong with what I'm doing? With the micro SD? With my GoPro? With my PC?

Before, when I connect my GoPro Hero 4 Silver (while it's turned ON) to my PC via a USB Cable, it'll display the USB Connection symbol with the battery symbol (which I guess is a symbol that my PC is charging the camera and accessing/importing the files). Now, it displays the normal display with just the battery charging icon.

I have already updated my GoPro Hero 4 Silver to the latest version (I think that was 5.0). I have been doing those steps on both Windows 7 and Windows 8 (all updated).

When I connect my camera to my iPad (iOS) or my android phone (wirelessly), everything's doing fine. But with PC, I'm like "What is WRONG?"

BTW, I'm using the same card reader I have used ever since (SanDisk Ultra 64 GB Micro SD XC 1).

Can anybody help me out please.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Explorer

I dislike SanDisk Ultra very much but your problem isn't your SD card so I'll say no more on that.

A couple questions:

1)When you say card reader not detected, do you just mean that Quik doesn't launch and import or that your computer doesn't detect the reader (Not visible in explorer).  The same question when using cable to camera.

2)Is Quik running when you plug the camera in?