Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Quick video project saved without photos

[ New ]

Hello, 

I tried to look throught the already posted issues if I find something similar to mine, but with no luck.

Today I tried to create a story of my recently filmed videos together with few photos of our trip. First of all the thumbnails are not showing correctly - already tried the solution posted here (to delete the media file and let Quik scan media folders again but it did not work. Then the app crashed like 10 times, but I have managed to finally create the video.

I have managed to put all the videos and photos I want, Quik played the final video correctly and then I pressed save. The video was created in a short while but when I try to play it there are black sections where photos were meant to be. Once saved and played again with Quik they are not there - videos are fine, only photos missing. Tried to play the saved file in VLC and same issue - it is simply missing. 

What is the problem here? Few weeks ago everything worked correctly.

I tried to reinstall the app - still have this issue. Both the app and camera are updated to the newest version.

Hero 7 black and using a PC app.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Quick video project saved without photos

[ New ]

Hi @ex4c

Would you be able to test it with a different set of files?

You can also try using the mobile app version to help isolate the issue.

Hi @vitaltree28681

If you are getting "No Files to Import", please try the steps on Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Windows

When connecting the camera to your computer, kindly check if you get the "USB connected" status.
If this does not show up, your files will not be recognized by Quik.
Try using a different cable or a different port.

Thanks!
Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

[ New ]

I have a similiar issue. GoPro Quick will not import jpg media.???

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @ex4c

Would you be able to test it with a different set of files?

You can also try using the mobile app version to help isolate the issue.

Hi @vitaltree28681

If you are getting "No Files to Import", please try the steps on Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Windows

When connecting the camera to your computer, kindly check if you get the "USB connected" status.
If this does not show up, your files will not be recognized by Quik.
Try using a different cable or a different port.

Thanks!
Ej