Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: Quick....stuck on "Authenticating"

I am having the same issue of stuck at the Authenticating page too~  I have tried reset to the original format, reinstall the apps and even the host.  I couldnt get any of them to work.  I tried to contact the support but they are no use too...  Is there any hep on this topic?? 

Seem like if we are in America, there will be a class action law-suit by now just on this topic.

Hiker

I have posted the solution to this issue in another thread. 

Check this post I made12-21-2018 01:11 AM - edited ‎12-21-2018 01:13 AM

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Can-t-login-still-quot-Authenticating-quot-wit...

I guarantee it will work.

Good luck.

Hiker

Same problem here for me. Looks like it has gotten worst in the last week. Serveral issues:

Double-click on the desktop icon:

- Quik won't start at all

- It logged me out in the background, I enter UID/PW and keeps stuck at 'Authenticating...' (root cause for this topic)

- It starts, gives the basic outlines of the start screen (no content, no loading media) and than crashes

And if you click enough on the desktop Quik icon, it will definitly start, 'at random' ... #puzzled

@connyf668I did try your '127.0.01 localhost' advice and moved it to the top of my 'hosts' file, this did not give me any better results, sry.

What I find strange is the fact that whenever the WER (WindowsErrorReport) is being generated when the app crasheds; it always is the 'GoProIDServices.exe' process that's in front of that... just wondering if it's something with the authenticationservices on the GoPro backend servers (cloudfront.net) thats wrong ?

Open for suggestions.

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Ok I solved this issue for myself and hope it might work for others. I am running Windows 10 64bit with Kaspersky Internet Security.

What I have found if I pause Kaspersky I don't get this error, that is if the application opens on the first go. Normally I need to try and open it a few times before it will actually open.

I have checked in the settings in Kaspersky to see if this application is being blocked but cannot se anything, all the GoPro apps seem to be selected as being good.

I have also made out a ticket on this at Kaspersky so maybe they can help seeing the GoPro Support is a waste of time.

Sightseer

That does not solve the problem for any Apple Mac user...
Tourist

No I suppose it would not but I am running a Windows 10 PC
Sightseer

Still not working for me as well. On a Mac running Mojave.

Tourist

People, Add the folllowing 127.0.01 "Begening of the HOST FILE!!!"  Begenning is the key word... it should work!