Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Quick....stuck on "Authenticating"

I am having the same issue with no resolution via GoPro support chat.. did a couple reinstalls, turned off WiFi, tried to change the host.. using new iMac os10. Any help would be appreciated. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @holmesdk

Thank you for engaging our Support team. Were you able to successfully change the "host" file on your computer? This should be able to resolve the issue. Also, have you been able to try logging in to Quik for desktop using a different computer? For this case, it would be best to continue working with the team for a more personalized support. You can refer to the same case number that you were provided to continue the troubleshooting steps with Support. You can reach them here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

I was not able to change the host. The iMac would not allow the change. Or it would not open the host file. The tech rep did not know how ti Fix it.
Highlighted
GoPro

You may have to seek assistance from Apple on how to allow the change, @holmesdk . Once the change is done, the authenticating issue will be resolved. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

This seems to be an known issue that Mac users are having with the GoPro software. I am not a coder and nor should go pro be asking their clients to write code as a work around when a software update should be released. I wouldn’t know what to tell apple.
Highlighted
GoPro

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same Issue, what a **bleep** app, and this guys are clueless

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am having this same problem, been wasting a lot of time trying all of these "solutions" with no results. 

I am tired of GoPro's completely faulty software. I need a solution or a refund.