Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Quick....stuck on "Authenticating"

Ich habe exakt das gleiche Problem, habe aber nicht die Kompetenz die Systemdateien zu ändern. Gibt es eine neue Version von Quik?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @hildem580

We do not have information on the next update for Quik for desktop.

If you are still getting the same errors after the steps shared above, please let our Support Team know.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

For updates on the apps, you may check Software Update Release Information

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

For all macOS users with GoPro.

First of all, it is BS that an app in order to work needs to change the hosts file.

but, since it is like that, follow this steps

1. Go to Applications-->Utilities end open Terminal.app

2. type in terminal "sudo vi /private/etc/hosts"

3. make sure there is only a line with "localhost" in the whole file.

4. make sure it reader "127.0.0.1       localhost"

5. save the file, vi command is: press Esc key on your keyboard, press shift + : and type "wq"

6. Go to GoPro Quik Help menu and select "restart ..." 

Highlighted
Tourist

Ta technique a marché merci j'avais le même soucis
Je tenais juste a reexpliquer pour les futures cas identiques en reprenant ton explication qui est bonne mais pour les non iniciés peu ce voir complexe ^^

Re: Quick .... coincé sur "Authentification"[ modifié ]

Désolé d'avoir entendu parler de ça, @ rapidhero34434. La prochaine étape consiste à essayer les instructions ci-dessous:

Sur le Mac, passez aux étapes suivantes: Ouvrir "Finder", Cliquez sur "GO ou ALLER" dans la barre des menus tout en haut, ensuite "GO TO FOLDER ou ALLER AU DOSSIER" Ensuite, vous tapez "/private/etc/hosts" puis appuyez sur "Go ou ALLER"  Clic droit sur le fichier "hosts"  puis  "copier <<hosts>>

Clic droit sur le BUREAU et coller le fichier. 
Cliquez sur ouvrir le fichier "host" de votre bureau et placez "127.0.0.1 localhost" en derniere ligne juste apres "127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com" pour ma part. Enregistrez le fichier, puis remettez-le dans le même dossier, il vous demandera de le remplacer cela devrait fonctionner.
Relancez Quik pour Desktop. 

Faites-nous savoir si cela résout le problème. 

Merci, Marius

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

Voila j'espere que cela pourrais aider la communauté 

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have followed all the steps previously listed and am having the same issue - this has been two days of it not working. 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I have also just purchased my GoPro and I am also having this issue. I log into the website with no issues. This will continue and nothing I try at that time will help and I have tried everything in this thread.

Then after some time the application will just open and not even ask me to login.

Highlighted
Tourist

This is ridiculous this was first reported here on the 06-24-2018 04:03 AM that is 5 months back. It seems this is not just a one-off situation as we have 7 pages owners reporting the same issue and nothing seems to be able to fix this issue. This camera is by no means cheap and is supposed to be one of the top makes on the market.

It is a bit of a showstopper if you unable to even get the software to work as it should. Man Mad

GoPro.JPG
Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm having the same issues and none of the above fixes have worked. VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!!!!!