Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Quick....stuck on "Authenticating"

[ Edited ]

Like many of you I have tried all the options above without a solution. In fact, Quik works on my 2013 MacBook Pro but not the brand new 2018 MacBook pro I bought this past week. The host files are identical. I cannot edit the videos on the old laptop, thus the upgrade.

I am attempting to contact customer service one more time tomorrow. I have spent nearly $1000 on GoPro products in the past month. They're not functional (as advertised) without the use of the Quik App.

There are numerous users who have purchased these who are unable to edit them without their implicit software being function.

I will keep you updated.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm in the same boat. GoPro app is stuck on Authentication. I really do not understand why it expects to sign in to edit local files. I've so many files waiting to get fish eye removed. Let me know if there is other way i can remove fish eye effects from the video instead of using gopro quik app. 

I've restared, reinstalled the app nothing worked. My hosts file has "127.0.0.1 localhost" as well. Let me know what else you think can fix.. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @npmp

The Quik for desktop app does not have a feature for removing fisheye. You might want to explore other programs that can be used to view and edit your GoPro media. Such information is provided here 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Hiker

I have a solution for this but for some reason this forum removes my posts as "spam". Direct message me for a simple detailed instruction.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am using a surface with windows 10, yes i know surfaces are junk, but i did everything listed in here and it worked once but then 15 minutes later, it kicked me out of the app and now i cannot get back into it.  GOPRO needs to step up the game and fix this app.  Anyone have other ideas on how to get the app to work?

Highlighted
Hiker

I have the same problem. Just spend good money on a 7 Black today. But I can't log in either.

I could with my old mac. So we are getting punished for being up to date.

None of the options works (and you can't change the host file out of security reasons (which is good because you shouldn't tamper these files in the first place I can tell you as an ex. Genius Bar employee)

So what to do?...

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you. The host change worked beautifully for me.

Highlighted
Hiker

How did you got pass the “host in use” block?

Would love to do this too.