Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quick....stuck on "Authenticating"

Hi @tomo25688,

Have you tried contacting our customer support team?

They might be able to assist. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello all!

I am a Mac Pro user.

So, I had the same issue, I contacted your technical support and did all the troubleshootings as well, GoPro could not help me at all.   Except asking me to add the 127.x.x.x to the host file!

Now, the only thing that no one tells you is that, when you are adding the 127.0.0.1 Localhost, make sure it is on top of the page or the first line in the host file.

If you add it anywhere else, this "SMART GoPro Quik" program will ignore it.  Again, add it to the top, make sure it is the FIRST line!  That should fix the problem, at least it did it for me.

I hope this help! It took me sometimes to figure this out by doing so much troubleshooting by myself!!

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for sharing, @tperera. Great to know that the issue is resolved on your end. Other members who might be having the same issue will find help through your post. Best regards!

Highlighted
Tourist

Same issue for me gopro, you need to get an offline app, i don't get why we have to log in into an account to import files.

The way i solved my issue was by moving the hosts folder to desktop or something and then opening the app. this worked.

Highlighted
Tourist

can we know the reason why we need to log into an account to import files?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @pedrofilip4508

It was basically intended for GoPro Plus access, although at this time, the service is by subscription. The log-ins also allows personalization on your GoPro account such that you will be able to register your camera under it. Good to know that you are able to use the application now. Thank you for sharing what worked for you. Feel free to post back for any other questions or concerns. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

no point in going to help/support they just get you to do the same as you all say in the HUB.

Really Dissappointed in GoPro, so many people are having the same problem. no fix yet.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @reddogpro

If you haven't already, please go over these steps: 

Open Quik for desktop
While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
Select “Restart with default settings”
A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej