Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Quick program Mac is crashing after installing the new update and videos of the hero 8 are lagging

[ New ]

Hello,

I have a few problems with the GoPro Quick program which is crashing every time I start it after I installed the new update on my Macbook Pro.

I tried to delete and reinstall the Quick program but nothing changed. 

Considering that I just bought a new GoPro Hero 8, I did some filming the last couple of days and the videos are lagging. 

Because I wasn't able to use the GoPro Quick program to open them I had to use the Quick time player on the Macbook, that's when I noticed the lagging of my footage. 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Quick Mac is crashing with the new apple update and video files of the hero 8 are lagging

[ New ]

@benjaminb7883, sorry to hear about the trouble. Please ensure that the graphics driver of your computer is up to date. You may also attempt to reset the app by following these steps: 

1. Open Quik for desktop 
  2. While on the login screen, select the "Help" tab above the Quik for desktop window 
  3. Select "Restart with default settings" 
  4. A modal will appear saying "Are you sure?". Click "Restart" once more. 
  5. Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time. 
  6. Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully. 

Hopefully, this helps.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoPro Quick Mac is crashing with the new apple update and video files of the hero 8 are lagging

[ New ]

@benjaminb7883, sorry to hear about the trouble. Please ensure that the graphics driver of your computer is up to date. You may also attempt to reset the app by following these steps: 

1. Open Quik for desktop 
  2. While on the login screen, select the "Help" tab above the Quik for desktop window 
  3. Select "Restart with default settings" 
  4. A modal will appear saying "Are you sure?". Click "Restart" once more. 
  5. Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time. 
  6. Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully. 

Hopefully, this helps.